Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right after supper, later in the evening or the next morning?

Mine often get done the next morning.

How about you?

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Usually that night before i go to bed :)

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
I usually do them right after dinner. I *hate* washing dishes, so if I don't do them right away.......

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I work 2nd shift, so dh does them. :D But, I do do them on my days off, and I usually wait a little while after supper before doing them.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Well,since I have a "helper" in my 20 mo old dd, I usually get them done late at night or if I spend waaayyy to much time online the next morning. I really like to have them done after supper though.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Right after dinner. I have a deal with my DH - during the week I do dinners and he cleans up. Gives me a little time to myself. My DD empties the dishwasher the next morning as part of her chores. We cook dinners together on weekends and then we clean up together. Works for me. Everthing is done right after each meal though .... neither of could sit still and relax if it wasn't! Yes, we have neatness issues. :D ;)

·
27,948 Posts
Dh loads the dishwasher either right after dinner or the next morning. I wash what 's leftover. Works for us!:D

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Immediately after dinner, and if dd is dilly-dallying in finishing her dinner, dh sits with her while I begin cleaning. I'm a bit anal about that. They will sit until there are no clean dishes if I don't do them right away.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Usually the next morning. It seem my kitchen grows dirty dishes during the night, especially when dh is home. So whether I get it together and do them right after or not, every morning I wake up to a bunch of dirty dishes. So I figure I just need to wait and do them all at one time!:toothy:

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
MJsLady said:
Usually the next morning. It seem my kitchen grows dirty dishes during the night, especially when dh is home. So whether I get it together and do them right after or not, every morning I wake up to a bunch of dirty dishes. So I figure I just need to wait and do them all at one time!:toothy:
Mel, do we have the same house?? :D

My dh eats about every 2 hours! So either he or I will do dishes in the morning, usually him! ;)

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I do them right after dinner. Then hop on whatever may be in there first thing in the morning. (coffee cups or a bowl) I then do them again after lunch time. I like a clean and dry sink.
Whenever I have left them to accumulate until the next day I have wanted to cry. I don't want to face a pile of dirty dishes when I wake up. :( It's easier for me a few times a day when there isn't that many each time.
I will say this though. If dinner was a bigger production. (meaning if both kids were older) I might not want to do it right after dinner. I think things change as the children get older. Right now they are small and aren't creating dishes all day. I'll probably be one of those moms with a sponge in one hand and some dish liquid in another running around yelling about putting your glass in the dishwasher.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Dh takes Destructo down stairs after dinner while dd clears the table and I load the dish washer and clean off the stove and counters and shine my sink. After we're done, I go down stairs and dh goes up to wash whatever can't go into the dishwasher. Our sink also grows dishes in the night and so I don't run it until after breakfast the next morning. Dd unloads it in the afternoon.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Lately,it's the next morning:( unless DD needs to accomplish something,then she does them after supper.
There's 2 guys in this house,so dishes grow and multiply all day and evening!
If I am baking during the day,I do those right away. All there is after supper is just from supper.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I empty the dishwasher in the morning and start filling it back up during the day. I do the dinner dishes right after dinner but I don't turn the dishwasher on until I go to bed because we to seem to grow dirty dishes especially after I have just finished cleaning the kitchen!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
948 Posts
dss's only "chore" in our house is washing dishes, so he's required to do them right after supper. He never puts them away though - just let's them air dry and then either he or dh puts them away the next morning.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts