Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know the super great sales on school supplies that Staples has when does their sales start?

Also is there any where online to find out what the is on sale?

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
If you have a Stapes get there before Weds! 7/15!

Staples has done it again. It's time to do your Back-to-School shopping now!<--click to see ad

Staples is having a huge back-to-school supplies promotion include one cent items, like an 8-pack of pencils. The Sunday ad has a $5/$20 coupon on the front. All items are limited to 2 per customer.
Some deals are:
Staples Copy Paper $3.69
- $3.68 Easy Rebate
Final price .01

Staples Photo Plus Paper $9.99
$8.99 Easy Rebate
$1 after rebate

Some Staples $1 deals will be:
Sharpie Major Accent Highlighters 6 pk
Staples Mini Magnetic Stapler
Acme Junior 5" Blunt or Pointed Scissors 2 pack
BIc Velocity Stick Fashion Pens 5 pk
Bic Wite Out Quick Dry 2 pack
Staples Translucent Pencil Boxes
Scotch Magic Tape

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
Thanks! We went this morning and they were all out of everything except the copy paper. I'm gonna head back in the morning and hope they've restocked!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! Wow, great deals. :)

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
I guess the word isn't out at my staples. I did the copy paper thing this AM and got 2 packs of the penny pencils. I went back this evening with my son and we each got 2 more packs of the pencils. He (age 7) was super impressed that he was able to buy 16 pencils for 2 cents. I stockpiled from last year during the Staples, Office Depot, etc. sales. I didn't need to use as many pencils etc. as I have in my stockpile so I plan on donating a lot to the school/classroom this year.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess the word isn't out at my staples. I did the copy paper thing this AM and got 2 packs of the penny pencils. I went back this evening with my son and we each got 2 more packs of the pencils. He (age 7) was super impressed that he was able to buy 16 pencils for 2 cents. I stockpiled from last year during the Staples, Office Depot, etc. sales. I didn't need to use as many pencils etc. as I have in my stockpile so I plan on donating a lot to the school/classroom this year.
Word isn't out at my Stapes either. They had lots of pencils left. The lady in front of us checking out over heard how much we paid for our pencils. She was waiting in shock out side the door waiting to verify that she had heard right. LOL Yep 2 cents (16 pencils) That was all we bought so the check out boy said that will be 2 pennies please.

Do you think they will have something else for 1 cent next week like they have done in the past?

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
Do you think they will have something else for 1 cent next week like they have done in the past?
I'm thinking yes...we'll have to wait and see. I've searched all over to see if someone had an advanced copy of next Sunday's ad, but not yet. Sometimes Staples will give you a sneak peak at the ad a few days early on their site.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Next weeks sneak peek is up

The sneak peek for next week is up

Doesn't look like there are 1 cent deals this coming week
But there are some free after rebates for things like pens, highlighters, mechanical pencils

They also have a "Like Free" buy a backpack and recieve 100% back in staples rewards.

There also seems to be buy X number get one free( or 50% off) things also

Here is the link to the sales ad. Click on sneak peek to see next weeks ad. http://staples.shoplocal.com/[email protected]

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
Okay, I've already hit Staples, LOL..

FAR (Free After Rebate):
Rebate 1: $2.99 Rebate on a Zebra Cadoozles 0.7 mm MP 10pk (SKU 639191) at Staples Stores ONLY

Rebate 2: $4.99 Rebate on a Pentel Recycled Handy-Lines Slim Retractable Highlighters, Assorted, 4/Pack (SKU 698067) at Staples Stores ONLY

Rebate 3: $4.99 Rebate on a Zebra Sarasa Gel Med BLK 5PK (SKU 781936) at Staples Stores ONLY

Rebate 4: Get a $10 Visa (R) Prepaid Card on a Staples Slim Pencil Sharpener (SKU 796619) at Staples (card is issued by MetaBank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc.)

I also did the Staples Rewards promo with the backpack purchase. Basically it's "like" free. We'll see how that works out. I'm supposed to get a store credit in my Staples Rewards for the purchase price of the backpack.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Way to Go Paula! Hopefully the "like free" money back for the backpack happens before the good deals are over so you can maximize you dollar power.

I'm still deciding if I need anything this week or not.

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
I do believe the Staples rewards are quarterly so that most likely won't come to me until October (I think). But my dh is a big computer guy and I'm sure we'll find a way to use all these Staples rewards I'm earning. So far it doesn't look like they are subtracting amounts from my account for the free after rebate or penny after rebate items. We shall see...

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Next weeks sneak peek is up

Looks like this week they are having 25 cent deals

glue bottles , hand held pencil sharpeners, pencil top erasers, mechanical pencils, index cards, pencil cases.

It also looks like backpacks are 25 to 50 percent off

http://staples.shoplocal.com/[email protected]

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
You bet me to it, LOL.

Yep, 25 cent deals on the sneak peak tab.

Also, there is a coupon on the front of the ad for $5 off any $30 purchase or more. That would come into play if you needed to purchase something other than the 25 cent deals...

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
1 - 18 of 18 Posts