Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A weed become a wildflower?
I have some of the most amazing purple weeds in my yard!
They are the perfect balance of gorgeous purple and dark green I have ever seen. Just stunning!
Plus they smell great, they also set off my nose!

So whats the difference between a wild flower and a weed?

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
The difference is a weed is ugly, a wildflower is beautiful, it takes your breath away and you keep it, even if it is a weed. Dandilions are wildflowers to me when they are in a field and the field is covered in yellow. They become a weed when they are in my yard and finished blooming.

There are some of the most beautiful wildflowers which we think are weeds. If you like it, leave it, as long as it doesn't begin to overtake the rest of your flowers. I think its up to each individual gardener.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well sis there is one huge bunch in the iris bed, I think I may put it in a pot in my purple bathroom. So far I have a purple rose in there and a tree.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
I think that all wildflowers are weeds somewhere or is that vice versa....? We've even been known to stop on the side of the road to snatch some weeds/wildflowers to bring home to start in our yard. It never works very well though. If you like em, I'd keep em. You'll know if they are really invasive, etc....... .

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
A weed is any plant that's growing in an area you don't want it- dandelions in your grass, grass growing in your flower beds.

It's a wild flower if you want it there, and a weed if you don't.

Laura

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
yes!! i agree with laura!!:D well said laura!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Well said Laura......... I happen to love weeds and prairie grasses !!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts