Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you do with your day when hubby has OT Saturday? We only have one car so we're home most of the time and will be if hubby has work. Saturdays are usually my day to have 2 hours "off" but not this week so what to do when we've been home most of the week...my son seems to get really tired of me (preferring dad by the end of the week) and I honestly need time to recharge... suggestions? p.s. we generally keep the tv off but will be making an exception.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
go the library earlier in the week and get some books and a movie. make popcorn and kick back together. stay in bed late and watch cartoons. find a craft of some sort to do. i find those stone rock kits often at SA for 1.99! play games. have a friend of his over for an all day playdate!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks lisa! I appreciate that and I like the library idea. I should also mention that my oldest is only 2 yrs old (so not much keeps him occupied for long, even most videos for more than an hour or so)

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
ooopps. but, still, at 2, there are plenty Max and Ruby, Dora, etc avail at the library...what about those paint dotters? those are great fun! put a sheet on some garbage bags and go at it! very fun...what about some paper towel rolls...fill w/ rice and tape shut..make music. some libraries have toy lending. hope something i have said is helpful to you!

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Does your son still have nap time? My son is 5 and doesn't nap very well, but he still has to have 'rest time'. Rest time involves hanging out quietly in his room and reading, playing, etc.

What if you make him a fort or a tent out of sheets, furniture etc? He can hang out in there and have a way to 'hide' from you should he find himself wanting alone time.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I love the idea of making tent forts. We are often in the same situation since we have one car and the hubby takes every extra shift he can get. We often make the tent forts, I have a box of craft supplies that only come out on Saturday's like that or rainy days, bake cookies to decorate, or go on a scavenger hunt walk. (scavenger hunt walks are easy you just have a list of things to try to see before you make it home-- ex red car, green tree, small dog, tall man)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love the idea of making tent forts. We are often in the same situation since we have one car and the hubby takes every extra shift he can get. We often make the tent forts, I have a box of craft supplies that only come out on Saturday's like that or rainy days, bake cookies to decorate, or go on a scavenger hunt walk. (scavenger hunt walks are easy you just have a list of things to try to see before you make it home-- ex red car, green tree, small dog, tall man)
Thanks to all! Menifeemom, I love the idea off certain fun things just for those days! Genius.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Do you have a park nearby that you can walk to and spend sometime outside? Or just go for a walk.

·
Registered
48 Posts
What do you do with your day when hubby has OT Saturday? We only have one car so we're home most of the time and will be if hubby has work. Saturdays are usually my day to have 2 hours "off" but not this week so what to do when we've been home most of the week...my son seems to get really tired of me (preferring dad by the end of the week) and I honestly need time to recharge... suggestions? p.s. we generally keep the tv off but will be making an exception.
Being an overgrown boy myself, and having a 4 year old boy, I can tell you that mud or sand is always a treat...hopefully he won't eat it! Not sure about the weather where you are at though!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts