Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another decorating question. What happens when two worlds collide?

By that I mean - simplicity - where I want open spaces, nothing on my walls, a few empty shelves and just having the room simple. Sara explains it as understated and minimalistic.

Then I see a wonderful decorating book with something that I fall in love with and I think, wow I'd love that.

Now simplicity and minimalistic is winning out and I'm glad for that because thats what I truly want, even though I love all the wonderful decorating ideas I see.

I'm curious though what happens when it happens to others. Do you give in and decorate as you see in a magazine or in a tv program, or do you continue decorating with simplicity in mind?

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
My problem is more when people give me something and I like it, but I just don't need it. I really need nothing, last year for our housewarming party we received so many cute little chachkas, and that is so not my style, they are still in a box in the garage. For Christmas I get more candles and candy dishes etc and have nowhere to put them---no more stuff!!!!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Personally I take a 'look' or a theme and I adapt it to how I 'see' it. I don't like to completely copy something anyway - if Everybody has something then I don't want it LOL.

I know I had loads to say but I've just drawn a blank as I'm really tired - I'll come back if I remember - DUH! lol

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
As of late, I would have changed my decor or something in the room if I saw an idea I liked. Now, I am happy with the way things are and see no need for change but I tell ya', it sure is tempting sometimes. I think like anything else it goes in stages. Take our furniture for example.....nothing wrong with it, clean, sturdy, functional, and yet once the kids are grown, they are outta here!! I have the kind I want in the back of my mind but that's for "later'. That's how I see things lately!:smball:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts