Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:monke: No :lol: I am not announcing anything...

When did you first know you were expecting?

Did you have a hunch? Symptoms? Took a HPT because you were late? Went in to labor? (hey, it can happen :lol: )

What was it that you --knew-- you were going to be a Mom??

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Lets see with my oldest daughter (she was a good surprise) it was I just felt so sick like I had the flu and couldn't shake it so I took a test.

With the triplets my mother had made me a corned beef dinner for my birthday one of my favorite meals, and I took a bite and had to throw up so I knew.....

Eileen

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
My oldest well, I took a pregnancy test because I was feeling tired and had flu like symptoms, my 2nd DS well I was surprised, a friend of mine said to me "You look pregnant" I had only missed my period for about a week, took a prego test and yep I was... 3rd DD, she was planned, and I knew I was prego as soon as I missed my period, I was soooo happy! :)

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
I was about 3 weeks late and on the pill. Took 3 EPTS and all said not pregnant. I was craving hot wings at 8 in the morning, so that evening dh and I were walking into a place to get wings and he brushed against my chest and I almost screamed it hurt so bad. He said, "get in the damn car we're getting a different test." Next morning, we found out we were having a baby. I was getting ready to go out into the field with the military too and I called the EPT place in one heck of an angry fit. They refunded my money.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
with ds1 i wasn't fitting my pants anymore i thought it was PMS bloating but it wasn't

with dd we were planning for it so we tested weekly

with ds2 dh had gone out of town with his buddies to go camping, 4x4 ing. I felt weird when he left, thinking the flu or something, that' i'd shake it. i couldn't seem to keep anything down. so i took a test the morning he came back and i bawled like a weenie when he came home. We thought we were done, but it was a happy surprise.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
ds 1 i knew after 3 weeks. i had flu symptoms too and of course I got sick at a time of fun "hint" , lol wasnt nice for hubby he thought it was him, lol
i told him the next day i thought i was prego. and after 2 tests, ist one they messed up at hospital, i was preg.
ds 2 was a suprise and didnt come at good time , but we made it through. I was told by doctors i had slim chance of getting pregnant because i only had a period every 3 months, and wasnt ovulation half the time. And i was missrerable. But it all worked out.

·
Registered
182 Posts
It May be silly , but I found a smurf rock (a small smurf shaped rock ) My gram has always found them before a family member had a baby , and i was walking down the street and spotted a smurf rock ,i went home and took a test and found out i was preg with my DS , i was less than 2 Days preg when i did the math ,. LOL , My DH knows what I mean when I told him the other day I'm Lookin for a new smurf rock..lol...

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Two of my pregnancies I was cursed by my grandmother. Christmas 1992, my grandma got me nursing bras for christmas, in Feb I found out I was pregnant, first dd was born 10/93. Christmas 2003, my grandma got me a back for christmas, and I made a comment how that would be perfect diaper bag for me. In Feb, I found out I was pregnant with our 4th child. With 2nd pregnancy I just had a feeling and to a hpt. With my 3rd one I was late, certain something was wrong with...thinking I can't be pregnant as ds was only 6 months old, so I go to see the Dr thinking I have cysts or something like and find out I am pregnant. With my 5th pregnancy I knew I was pregnant because my sugar went out of wack, I had gestational diabetes with 3 out of 4 other pregnancies and was diagnosed by week 13. With baby number 5 we weren't able to get my sugars undercontrol, resulted in us losing the baby at 11 weeks.

·
Registered
426 Posts
With both girls I just "knew" it the night it happened. I tested before I was expecting my cycle and got positives with both. With this one we were "trying", but I didn't test until after I was late 5 days because I had a false alarm and couple months before and I wasn't feeling preg. But I got sick almost immediately after taking the test.

·
Registered
933 Posts
i just knew. i didn't feel sick or anything, but somehow i just knew. evidentally so did my mother because the day we went to tell her, she showed us the baby bassinet she pulled out of the closet just a few days earlier. i also knew i was having a boy, i didn't even buy any girl items just in case, because i was so sure.

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
I get ovulation pains when I ovulate on the left side, always have. So, I made sure to utilize this to my advantage when we decided to try and was pretty sure within a day that it worked, started getting symptoms within 2 weeks and tested positive a week before my period was due.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hubby and I decided to try, and then the very next month my period was a week late. Took a test and VOILA! Baby was ANXIOUS! We calculated that we got pregnant with him the first or second time we tried (hard to pinpoint which as they were less than 24 hours apart, lol).

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
First daughter - felt yucky, late period, etc. Took a positive test around 6 weeks. We told family at 8 weeks

Second daughter - this is going to sound crazy but I think I almost knew when this child was conceived. ;) I just had an intuition the entire time. Told family at 7 weeks.

Third daughter - (our surprise baby). Missed period. Ignored it because I was in denial. ;) Finally took a test when it was impossible to ignore. Told our families at 11 weeks.

Each time I have had a strong sense of intuition, although with the first I wasn't "sure". After all, I hadn't been pregnant before. :D

·
Registered
814 Posts
With my first, I knew because my boobs HURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

With my son, I had HORRIBLE cramping around ovulation, so about 14 days later when my period hadn't arrived, I had a hunch. ;)

·
Registered
737 Posts
Well with this one I had a friend tell me she just knew I was pregnant. One of dh's aunts had dreamt we had twins and mentioned it to us and another one we rarely talked to called and asked if we were pregnant, lol. My cycles are short and I always get tell tale signs and none of those came so I tested and what do you know, our October surprise is on the way, lol. With ds we were trying and I think I imagined preggo symptoms every month in hopes and the night he was conceived I knew I had just ovulated so was pretty sure we were finally successful and we were:) Sadly, I just don't remember with dd.

·
Registered
216 Posts
With the first child, I knew immediately right after the first try. I felt really weird. I told my husband about it . He thought I was crazy. With my second child I had no clue until I missed my period. I also knew the first was girl and the second a boy.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I am with you Radish4ever--- With my first one my boobs hurt soooooo bad... I didn't even really need a test... I knew.... My second and third I was shocked only because I had only cycled once or twice before concieving each of them... They are 18mos apart...That was a shock... With my little miricale, I had just found out that my sister was pregnant, and we took the little kids out for lunch, and I commented on how everything for the past week or so just kind of sat toward the top of my stomach when I ate.. Kind of felt like I wanted to throw up, but the food just kind of "sat" there... Any way she told me point blank "YOU ARE PREGNANT!!!".... No way, I was done my baby was 5 and a half.... Sure enough that night I took a preg. test and it was positive even before the thrity seconds or what ever the time was... I never had any kind of morning sickness with any of the kids.... Thank goodness....

·
Registered
172 Posts
With my first, I had absolutely no idea until I took a test... two weeks after my period was due. I was in denial since he was conceived while I was on the pill... definitely a "happy accident". :)

With DD, we had been trying for about 11 months, doing the whole charting/temping thing. I had a huge temperature drop the day before we left for a 10 day trip to Disney with my parents. I was so depressed! So I packed plenty of feminine products and waited... the day that we left Orlando, I stopped at the store and got a test. :) A nice souvenir.

With the youngest, I didn't find out until I was almost 10 weeks pregnant. We thought we were "done", and I was still breastfeeding my daughter, so I had only had one or two very irregular cycles. Happened to have one test left over from before we had DD, so when it had been almost two months since I had a period, I decided to test just in case. hehehe. My hubby came home from work and I said "Honey, I just want you to know how much I love you!" and burst out crying. He said "Oh, Lord. You're pregnant aren't you???"

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
WIth DD, I had this "flu" for several weeks that just wouldn't go away. Finally I took a test one night when DH was at work. I wanted to test in private, because we'd been trying for 3 years at that point, and I was sure that that test was going to be negative again. I was so shocked when it came up positive that I took three more tests before I finally believed it. :)

With DS, I knew three days after I conceived. I felt a sharp pain in my side and had a gut feeling (no pun intended) that it was implantation pain. About two days later I started feeling a very specific kind of queasy... with my history of severe hyperemesis, I knew right away that I was pregnant. (There is nothing to compare to the full-body nausea I have when pregnant!) I tested a few days later... I think it was about a week after conceiving. It was positive.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts