Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am horribly shy and am terrible at small talk. I rely on Dave for those awkward situations. Are you like me and have trouble thinking of things to discuss with strangers, or are you able to chat up a storm?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Michelle, I'm exactly like you. I am a very shy person, have been all my life and I actually hate meeting new people because I never know what to say to them.
I think I'll say something stupid and then look like an idiot.
Everyone at work tells me that I'm just too quiet; I hate being this way but I doubt I'll ever change
:(

·
DebbieBob
1,692 Posts
Not me I am very shy. I hate being with people I dont know. And I am not good at starting up a conversation with a stranger.

·
27,948 Posts
I'm pretty shy. I do engage people in conversation in the grocery store though. I especially like to talk to older folks and help them find things.:)

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
I'm not good with crowds but I can talk one on one with pretty much anyone unless I get a bad sense about them. There is a guy here in our small town that just gives me the willies. He may be nice, but in my books - I don't talk to him. But on the whole, I can talk with pretty well anyone has long as I'm not in a crowd.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
I'm not good at this either.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
No I am definetly not good at small talk. I hate being with people I don't know. I am afraid I will make a mistake and end up being the one they all talk about afterwards:(

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I'm not good at meeting new people either. I'm basically shy and have never been good at small talk or initiating a conversation.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I used to be really shy around new people, but I decided to change this about me.

I read a book called "How to Work a Room" and it gives great pointers for starting conversations with strangers and how to make the other person comfortable. I recommend that book to anyone who wants to feel comfortable talking to strangers.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I never used to be when I was younger... but working as a Cosmetologist in a busy Beauty Salon for 7 years cured me of that. :)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I am pretty shy at first but in the right mood and if the person I am trying to talk to is a chatter I can talk..

Of course once you get me talking I don't stop :~)

Eileen

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
karlisangel said:
Absolutely not. I am like u Michelle...In fact I am introverted to the point that some folks have actually thought I was stuck up..But once I get to know you...LOOK OUT...
<grin>

Dh is very outgoing so I just go with him and let him rattle...
Yes! That is me totally LOL

·
Registered
460 Posts
No, I'm totally speechless unless I have been around you for a while. I'm hearing impaired and scared to death I'll mistake something someone says. I tend to just smile and stay quiet at first...

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
im not too bad..lm kinda shy but will talk to almost any one in a store..mostly old people most are so sweet and i was around my great grand mother,grand mother and their friends so im used to it..

but at a party i fell i run out of things to say.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I get intimidated very easy by people who i think are either smarter or know more than i do which is just about every oneband i am afraid i will come off sounding stupid. So I have major problems talking to people.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts