Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
I just wonder if anyone of you knows WHEN and WHERE in the world the whole fb swapping started?
I found lots of fb swapping sites on the Internet with interesting info about swaps,fbs,samples of fbs,decos,etc but no where appeared mentioned WHERE and WHEN fb swapping started.
If you have any idea on this subject I´ll be gladly waiting for your messages.
friendly regards from Finland
Anna

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
i was wondering about the fb too

·
Registered
543 Posts
The only fbs I know about are friendship booklets. I use to get those when I did snail mail pen palling back in the 70's. I guess they are still around. People would sign the booklet and give some info about themselves and they would be passed around to other people in the mail. It was a good way to get pen pals.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, Fb stand for FRIENDSHIP BOOKLET

Thank you ladies for replying my message.
I was just wondering if fbs could be even older than 50 years old as the oldest "case" of swapping fbs I heard of so far was in mid 50s.

I think that the concept of fb was created to help people make new penpals free.At that time Internet didn´t even exist,penpalling happened just by traditional postal mail(snail mail) and one had to pay a fee to be listed in a penpal magazine or to become a member in a penpal organization.

Anyway,I´ll be glad to read more answers if anyone knows anything more about THE COUNTRY or TIME when fb swapping started.

Have a good day all
Anna in Finland

·
Registered
543 Posts
I know this is off topic. Anna I didn't notice that you are from Finland. I am half Finnish and my grandparents came from there. I learned how to speak Finnish before I did English. Long story. Maybe you can send me a pm if you would like or email me. We could discuss it more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts