Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you finding some great deals while out shopping for Christmas gifts? Share your good fortune and point the rest of us in the right direction at the same time!

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Can't beat free or cheap! Our local library is remodeling and getting rid of books. Some are brand new, never used! They range from free to 25c apiece! I loaded up on cookbooks for my sibs, home decorating and crafts books for neices, home repair books for BIL and son, travel books, some fiction, some sports books for nephews........ It is going to be a bookworm Christmas!!

Reactions: Luckybustert

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
LB, You just can't beat CVS for the deals. I don't have my slip where I can look at it right now, but the last time I checked I spent around $40 and saved over $600. I used the coupon deals, CVS bucks, and 90% off clearance combined with coupons.

One of the best (shh, it's big secret) places I have found is school fundraiser distributors. Look them up in your area. They MUST UNLOAD all the merchandise that did not get purchased. I used to use this source to fill my gift baskets (when I was in business). Everything is at give away prices. They load it in the warehouse and let people in ten at a time. I can buy $20 rolls of REALLY GOOD gift wrap for a $1. The deals I liked the best were the food and candy. You might have to get on an invite list, but just start checking around.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
623 Posts
I really did good last year at CVS with the extra bucks at Christmas. I'll be checking them out again this year.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I have to agree that CVS has some great deals. Also, Bath & Body Works seems to have some kind of deal every month. Sign up to receive their emails (coupons sent often). They have signature item up to $12 FREE w/$10 purchase at least every other month!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Every year we hit up the Library book sale and always score big time. I also love TJ Maxx/Marshalls/Ross and other stores like that. I've found some great name brand items for pennies on the dollar there!

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
I second the Boscovs idea. Before my DH was laid off Boscovs was always on the list. They do door busters all year long. They've got a great indoor tent sale, their Black Friday sale has deals that will just blow you away. I like when they do their handbag sale-$200 handbags for $10 and under!!! One year I bought a handbag for every women in my family and never spent over $2.50 for a one of them!

Oh, and yeah totally free wrap! Just remember to bring your Christmas tags. One year I ended up with tons of free wrapped gifts and could not figure out whose was whose :(

Reactions: Libby

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
My best Christmas deals are found anywhere from Jan to Oct/Nov. I tend to hit the trade shows, craft shows, fairs and clearance racks and all year long...something jumps out at me for someone's gift. I think long and hard and usually I buy it for them...my shopping is close to done by Nov for sure!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
my 9 yo wants some k'nex - ac moore this week has them buy 1 get 1 free - their starting price was maybe more than TRU by 2 $ - one on way home from my weekend job so i was able to get 2 kits for 27.99 that at TRU would have been 52$ .

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
My best Christmas deals are found anywhere from Jan to Oct/Nov. I tend to hit the trade shows, craft shows, fairs and clearance racks and all year long...something jumps out at me for someone's gift. I think long and hard and usually I buy it for them...my shopping is close to done by Nov for sure!
I love to do the craft show thing too. My MIL is Ga Ga over Santa Clause stuff, I can find really good deals for that stuff at craft shows.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I freecycle year round and keep an eye out for stuff for my nieces that's new or like new. I also shop GoodWill - I've gotten great stuff at GoodWill that's new or like new. And I hit resale shops. If you really do this year round you can find the stuff you want to get the kids and know they'll enjoy.

This year I'm giving one niece a sweater and a fleece vest I got at a resale shop, my other niece is getting a huge container of Barbie clothes and accessories I got for free on freecycle and my other niece is getting two necklaces and earring sets I got at a resale shop.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
We have 2 young nieces. The other day I got Dora and Tink backpacks from Staples clearance section, some notebooks, and then went to the dollar store and got glow in the dark bracelets and girly pencils. I spent $15 total for both girls. I'll add one or two more small things, but basically, that's it! I'm very proud of myself, I was afraid I'd run amok and spend $$$!

Judi

·
Registered
870 Posts
I'm super excited about the upcoming book sale at our local library. It's $3 a bag so I'll definitely be stocking up!

Our Walgreens also has some good deals, especially on candy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.