Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like a rain barrel or a whiskey barrel? I googled rain barrel and the ones I saw are over $100! I tried local craigslist and all they had was a burn barrel that had held kerosene. Any ideas where I can find one?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Sari,

Where in Florida are you? I'm in Bradenton and got my big barrel from a junkyard near Orlando for $5.00. I can get small blue plastic barrels from a friend of mine who works for our county. Have 3 of those. Also picked up a large tank from Tropicana's trash pile with a nozzle already on the bottom.
Would be happy to get a few small barrels for you if you can get them. Althought we're gonna be working in several different areas of the state in the coming month. Maybe we could meet up.

Laurie in Bradenton

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Laurie, I'm in Jacksonville. I can't drive that far, but if you'll be near Jax please let me know. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Okay. alittle out of both our ways at the moment. Have you tried your freecycle list? How about calling your local Master Gardeners Group and Ag Extension Office?

Laurie in Bradenton

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have also been tyring to find the blue or white barrels to catch rain water.
they used to be a dime a dozen now you can't find them. The ones I had originally had pickled culiflower in them. Can you imagine 55 gallons of pickled cauliflower? Took a while to get the smell out of them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts