Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I listen to Dave Ramsey every day on the way home from work. The past week or so, he wasn't on so I thought maybe he is on vacation... But Friday I heard the radio station announce The Russ Humphrey show at 3-6 on WGST. That was Dave's spot! I am really bummed because my hour long commute now is not insightful or enjoyable as it was before.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
you can listen on line. in my city he switched stations.

houston 700 am

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
TV show was cancelled a while back, I think.

Reactions: Mom23boys

·
Registered
4 Posts
I noticed it too! Very frustrating. I emailed WGST and here were a few choice quotes:

"Maybe people want to be entertained with something other than personal finance."

"A poor choice would have been to keep a show with low ratings on the air. Dave Ramsey had low ratings, in case you were wondering."

Guess it's more important to keep some hot air balloon like Rusty Humphries on the air instead of someone who's actually helping people. Very disappointing.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
In their defense, they're not running a charity and I think Dave would agree.

It's a shame though. It's weird that his show gets low ratings and that email was a little snotty. Perhaps they should just go with a general "In order to better meet the needs of our audience..." Their response was kind of out there.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
The radio station is no doubt feeling a bit defensive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.