Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just being nosy. I met DH at our local Super WalMart.....guess you really can find anything and everything at WalMart!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
At a party. He was a young handsome Marine stationed in 29 Palms, CA. I knew from the moment I layed eyes on him that he was the boy I was going to marry. We've been married now nearly 13 years. :)

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
I was working as a National Guard recruiter at a National Guard armory on Camp Dodge. I turned a corner and he was standing there. He was so handsome he took my breath away but I thought that he had to have a girlfriend so I didn't approach him. We flirted over the next few months until I had the guts to ask him over. We've been together ever since.

·
27,948 Posts
Blind date, married 6 months later. Married 22years & counting. :)

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
We grew up across the street from each other.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I meet my dh the first night we worked together bartending. I had a customer who wouldn't leave me alone about going out with him after the bar closed, so I asked my dh if he would switch sides of the bar so I wouldn't have to wait on the guy anymore. He agreed, and asked me to get some coffee with him after work. I did, we sat there for over 4 hours talking and the rest is history! We have been married for over 12 years, 3 daughters, 2 dogs, ect...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Eight years and going strong...

We met while we were both working at the local golf course in the dining room...we were high school sweethearts...married after we graduated college...he is now the Superintendent (head greenskeeper) at that same golf course....

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
we used to work together and started in the same training class, i disliked him instantly! we both left that job but kept in touch with a mutal friend and magically we started talking to each other next thing i know we are married and have a kid.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
he was the cook and i was the waitress at a chinese food rest.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
We met at a cattle slaughter house over a skinless cow butt. LOL!!!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Danni-that is sooo funny.

I met dh at the bank we both worked at. I didn't really like him until our second date. We got engaged 6 months later and we've been married now for almost 14 years!! Everyone thought I was out of my mind--I had just turned 21 when we got married. I'm glad I didn't listen to others!

·
Registered
546 Posts
9th grade. We had some mutual friends but never met before. I was talking to one of our friends at lunch and he saw his chance to talk to me. On his way over, a jerk ex-friend of his hit him right in the junk with a hackey sack. He hit the ground hard. I helped him up. We started dating the next week, got married 3 years later. :D

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I met my kids dad as me & a friend were walking home from a concert in our local town but we didn't get together until 6 months later.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Online! :)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
in highschool, some 15 years ago! Been together ever since, been married since 98

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
We met freshman year in college. :mushy:

·
Registered
141 Posts
3-boys-4-me,

My husband was also a Marine :usa: when I met him. We actually met at a bar through mutual friends when we were 21. I had noticed him coming into the bar with our friends and I instantly fell in love and knew he had to be the one for me (of course, the Dress Blues he had on helped! lol ;)).

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
The best he and I can figure, we have met 3 times. First when we were around seven or eight, I would spend the night w/my mom's best friend and her two boys. He lived down the street and went to school with the boys. He would come up and play with them and that was how we first met. Although we never really talked to each other that we can remember.
Fast forward to 1988 spring of 9th grade. I worked at the miniature golf course w/my boyfriend, Derek. Chris (DH) came in to our work to see Derek (they were on the same HS football team)and get a free ice cream from the snack area. We barely spoke that day.
Speed up time to October of that same year, we doubled dated. He went out with my best friend and I was out with Derek. A year later in October 1989, we had our first date and have been together since.

·
Registered
729 Posts
We met on a blind date and have been together ever since. I was almost 16 and he was 18. I can't imagine my life without him! He's a wonderful hubby, Dad and Poppy to our grandkids. We've been married for 35Yrs.:cheer4:

1 - 20 of 77 Posts