Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FV Buddy aka KathiBob
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really would like to start making some soap. Where do you buy your supplies? Where are the best prices on those supplies and what things do you need to get started? TIA!

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I do melt and pour. If you can get a coupon for 40 % and to michael's it isn't bad that is where i get my stuff. I love doing them. it is so much fun. Try Sara's Soapcicles. they are so cute.

·
FV Buddy aka KathiBob
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info Kate and Heaven.:angel: :angel:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I love Michaels.. I was a different one last night for SB stuff and looked around, and I noticed that they have a wide area of Soap making stuff... much bigger than the one we have here {but their SB stuff was only one aisle!} They have 2 sizes of soap 'bricks' that read as 'break apart' an 8x8 one for $9.98 & a bigger one {looked about 12x20, but could just be my eyes, it was on the bottom shelf and I can't bend over...} for $34.98.. and they had a metal bucket that said it was for pouring melted soap, but said it was not microwave or stove-top safe, and I couldn't find a double boiler anywhere... I'm probably going to micro-wave anyways, since I have done it before & know I can do it pretty well..

What about Meijer? The smaller soap at Michael's is the same brand I used to buy at Meijer... so can I get it at Meijer, or is it a higher grade at Michaels?

Does anyone here do scent & color free... ? I've done that for my girls in the past cause they have skin allergies, and I'm wondering if I could sell that type... also, I noticed they have bags of dried popurri to put in the soap now.. does anyone do that?

Full of questions, aren't I?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts