Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 17 41.5%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me, it's generally Target, especially their clearance racks. I buy lots of picture frames, clothing, and other things on clearance there all year for my gift closet. I used to boycott Target when I was younger for political reasons, and now I shop there regularly, go figure.

WalMart in another town is great, but the one here is ALWAYS a mess, and the shelves are rarely stocked. If that other WalMart manager could move to this store, I'm sure I'd shop there more than Target.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
My best bargains are from thrift stores. We just got our Walmart and I haven't seen any mark down stuff yet except for meat and I've been buying that at 30%off. Quite a deal and with dh being a meat cutter, he can tell me when stuff is bad.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
i would have to say thrift stores too.....although i have gotten some really great deals at target too.:D :D

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I voted Target. Whenver we go to walmart I never see any decent clearance items but target is always packed with them :)

I guess my best bargains at target would be clothing and things like cordless shavers and other more expensive items like that.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Target for sure :)

·
27,948 Posts
My best bargains are from watching the items being rung up and knowing my prices. If they overcharge me, many stores give me the items for free. It pays to know the store policy and don't be shy about making them stick to it. At W-mart they often won't give you it free (or $ off) unless you remind them of their policy.:)

I usually get free produce there. The 'puter & store display prices are usually different on at least one of my purchaces. I always write down on my grocery list what the display price is.;)

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I have to vote for thrift stores too. I do find bargains at Target and WalMart also though. I love Target's seasonal clearance items.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Where I live I would have to say Walmart...we used to get good deals at some of the thrift stores, but it seems lately that their prices have skyrocketed and they think alot of things are "antiques":toothy:

·
Registered
260 Posts
I would have to say yard sales and thrift stores too. We have a Target here,but I don't go very often,and Walmart here is not a Super Walmart so I very seldom go.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I find I have gone to Target for many, many things! There are WalMart and K-Mart nearby, but I have found that they are more crowded and disorganized, and the staff seems to be quite frazzled when I've had to ask for help.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I am a Walmart girl who rarely shops at Target. But most of my deals lately have been at Food For Less. I bought about 50 pounds of meat for $23.00! One of those great deals was a beef rump roast about 4 pounds for 25 cents!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Actually I find some of my best deals at FRED'S (the low price leader :lol:)

But, I see nobody really picked Kmart and sometimes if I look really hard i find great markdown or clearance deals at Kmart (especially now that they are doing away with some departments/brands, etc and are marking the items down to get rid of them) i found some Herbal Essence products one time on clearance at like 1.50 and had 1.00 coupons so i got them for 50 cents and sometimes i can find awesome markdown clothing items..

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
I voted Wal-Mart.We have a target about 45 mins away and I don't go there to often.
Our thrift store use to be great but here lately there prices have gone up.They to think a lot of junk is antiques.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I LOVE WAL-MART:D MY FAVORITE PLACE TO SHOP!!!!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I would have to say CVS and Walgreens. At CVS, if you take advantage of the ExtraCare Bucks, you can shop for free week after week. It is almost like they are paying you to take their items. I do the rebate program at Walgreens and ever month have the gift card recharged with the rebate amount, plus 10%. I use it to buy the next month rebate items and end up with free items. I haven't paid anything for H&B products in over a year thanks to these two stores!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Thrift stores or JCPenny's. When JC Penny's has a sale I wait tell they are 50 to 60% off than use their coupons that give you $10 off an order of $50 or more.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts