Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started a new job cleaning my church. It is so peaceful and quiet. I can think and pray. I wonder where all of you go to find peace and quiet?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Driving to work in the morning....takes me about 40 minutes and its a great time of day....I rarely even turn on the radio....just use the time to think.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Here is my favorite spot in the whole world...

Reactions: hunertime

·
Registered
197 Posts
In my garden or in my craft room when my hands are busy I think more clear and my heart is still.

·
Registered
328 Posts
In my garden or in my craft room when my hands are busy I think more clear and my heart is still.
That's me too as I cut fabric and sit by my humming machines I solve the problems of the whole world! (well at least in my little world!)

Reactions: jade73

·
Registered
264 Posts
On my porch

In my bedroom after everyone's asleep

Go for a walk with the dog

If I had my choice, I'd be going to one of the following places to think and be still....

[URL="http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e231/asusan48/First%20Pics/ScottFalls.jpg"][URL="http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e231/asusan48/First%20Pics/ScottFalls.jpg"][/URL][/URL] [URL="http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e231/asusan48/First%20Pics/LakeSuperiorMunising.jpg"][/URL]

The waterfall is Scott Falls near Munising, MI - and is right across the highway from the lake scene, which is Lake Superior. I once swam from the shore where the picture was taken, around the curve of that huge rock face, then climbed it and waved at my parents from the top. They just about keeled over..I was about 14. LOL

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
in the summer out on the trampoline and lay there and read.
in winter I dream of a land like Narnia and just let everything
melt away

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Usually I will go for a walk outside by myself. Sometimes I sit on my porch swing. Sometimes I go to my bedroom, close the door and lay down on my bed and think. And... sometimes I sit in a nice warm bubble bath.

·
Registered
493 Posts
If I something really heavy on my mind. I go in my room, shut the blinds and close the door. I just lay with my eyes closed and try to work things out.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i'll yell first to the kids (7 & 2) where I'm gonna be. then I'll go to the bathroom :toilet:. it is so quiet and relaxing....... or on my way to work, i walk every morning, 10 minutes of peace.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
My room, my back yard swing, my favorite is Sunday morning, I take the kids to Sunday school but I skip out and just sit in the sanctuary by myself....it's peaceful

·
Registered
459 Posts
Since its been so hot, I find myself going out to the pool. I'll lay on a raft out there in the sun, the clouds rolling by and listening to the chickens and goats, .... and find myself thanking God for blessing me with this place. Its so peaceful and relaxing.

Debbie

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Honestly? To bed.

It's the only place I can go and not be bothered.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
In my guest bedroom it has a nice big bay window with a chair in it that I just sit and look outside at the big tree in the yard with the birds and squirrels. Very relaxing.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I go out on my deck alone, I have my hummingbird feeders, my little fountain, my plants, very quiet and peaceful, I can feel my BP go down almost immediately.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
I used to go to a near by lake and watch the sunset.

Now I will close the blinds, put on some relaxing music and lie down while breathing deeply. I also have a ficus tree in the bedroom and livingroom that have the small white christmas tree lights on them. It is very quieting for me to have them on at night.

I will also sit out on the balcony and draw or gaze at the flowers while drinking tea.

Someone mentioned Egyptian Licorice tea on this site and I tried it. Yup works really well and is quite tasty. Thank you to whoever mentioned it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts