Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ask because I've always put it in the pantry or left it out on the counter. The last month I've opened THREE jars, which is most unusual. It's rare when we go through one jar a month.

So today I'm cleaning out the fridge and I find all three jars in the fridge :huh: All I can figure is SIL/Bro/niece/nephew must have put them there. How does one spread the peanut butter if it's cold?

Not to mention I buy natural peanut butter, which is hard enough to stir without being cold. Maybe that's why they put it in the fridge? They didn't realize that natural peanut butter is supposed to have a layer of oil on top & be mixed up?

Anyway, now I have three open jars of peanut butter. I guess I'll make pb cookies :toothy:

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
We keep ours in the cupboard so its room temperature and easily spreadable. We've used both processed (Kraft) and natural (where the oil separates) and we don't use them daily either. They keep just fine and for longer then I thought.

Good on yas for making use of all the open pb...pass those cookies on over when they're ready please ;)

BTW: you should tell DSIL that they're flaxseed or hemp and other healthy things in them so she'll steer clear :lol:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I buy the natural and usually keep it in the cup board.
But we got a new Trader Joe's store and I bought some of theres and it says to refridgerate after opening so it is in the fridge.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I keep mine in the pantry. I never thought to put it in the refrigerator. its keeps a long time. Now, I'm in the mood for peanut butter cookies.

Reactions: Libby and YankeeMom

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
In the pantry when unopened. On a shelf in the kitchen rolling cart thing when open (easy for the kids to get to). I keep bread and crackers there too, so it's easy for the kiddos to make themselves an easy snack.

Reactions: YankeeMom
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.