Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And do you purchase them in bulk?

I always purchase my spices in bulk and I buy them at the health food store. I love the freshness of them when I purchase them there and I like that I can buy the amount I want. I find they aren't any more expensive than purchasing them at a grocery store, in fact often its the exact opposite, they cost less.

How about you?

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I buy many of the cheaper ones, some I have done myself.... My neighbor grows loads of garlic and gives us bags of it... I dry it in the food dehydrater and grind some into garlic power...... I usually have enough for the whole year.. I just seal (with the food sealer ) in small bags enough to fill the bottle........

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I get them at the grocery store the store has bulk in baggies, great price and I don't have to go to a different store.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I purchase most of my spices in bulk at the grocery store, but do order some online and also have found great deals at Big Lots.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
There's a little store here run by Mennonites where I can get spices in bulk. They also have cheese, flours, nuts, all kinds of baking stuff. It's a really nice store and the prices are great.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I get mine at the health food store, too. The last time I went in I got enough to fill my "Durkee" container of Bay leaves and it cost me .08! Can you believe it? I paid at least 3.29 or something for that container when I bought it at the grocery store.

Thanks for posting this. I got some new ideas/source for spices from this thread. :)

·
27,948 Posts
My most used ones get bought at BJ's in the large container using a coupon. Others are bought where I can find them on sale.
One of these days I'm going to hunting for a health food store.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts