Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im here in WV. and its 14 outside -its the coldest we have ever had this time of the year and now they say we will be getting snow ---IM COLD-so wheres all the global warming they are telling us there is--no way its warm -its so cold outside i wont let the wolf out to stay just let her do her business and bring her back inside----sorry for the rant-- hugs to all fv

·
Banned
96 Posts
16 here in PA. 34 near my family in Florida.

But all the hulla baloo sure made Al Gore and others very rich people lol!

Icy Roads Wreak Havoc in Deep South
by Becky Kellogg, Content Manager , on Dec 15, 2010 8:13 am ET

The ice storm that coated Mississippi and Alabama early Wednesday morning moved into Atlanta, Kentucky, and even the Carolinas by Thursday.

In Atlanta, already home to some of the worst traffic in the nation, the evening rush hour was brought to a standstill by icy roads. North of the city, drivers actually abandoned their cars on the side of the interstate after icy accidents halted travel.

Read Article: Where the storm is heading next

In Louisville, Kentucky schools are closed Thursday and officials are warning folks to stay indoors. Sleet and ice continue to be widespread over the state Thursday morning.

Below are icing reports as of Wednesday late afternoon. Zoom and pan around on the map while clicking on the ice icons to view each report.

Thursday morning, light snow and sleet are causing problems for drivers in North Carolina. Schools were closed or delayed in many areas.

The National Weather Service in Raleigh said Thursday morning that between one-half inch and an inch of snow and sleet was expected in the Raleigh-Durham areas. Only a dusting of snow and sleet was expected in the Charlotte area.

Wednesday, five people died in accidents on icy roads in Alabama and Mississippi. Dozens of north Alabama schools called off classes or dismissed students around lunchtime. Near Birmingham, drivers stood in the cold waiting for police to arrive after a series of wrecks on icy Interstate 20.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Global warming causes an increase in precipitation - i.e. snow in colder weather, or rain when it is above 32 degrees F.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Global warming causes an increase in precipitation - i.e. snow in colder weather, or rain when it is above 32 degrees F.
Does it also cause unusually cold temperatures? ;)

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Lol.

I'm not really into this global warning stuff but really. Every winter this happens and everyone who's anywhere where it's snowing thinks they've broken this global warming thing right open. :laugh:

I've found that people have really short memories. It seems like every time the weather gets hot or cold people start acting like it's a sign of impending doom. "I've lived here for xx years and I've never seen it this snowy/cold/hot/rainy/humid/etc."

People are weird.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It was like 18 degrees here a few days a this week (a balmy day today of 44). I live in the area near Atlanta where the drivers abandoned their cars-over 300 accidents in my county alone, 90 in an hour and a half over a 20 miles of interstate!

·
Registered
623 Posts
If I could pick warming now I would--its gonna snow a lot for our neck of the woods. Someone making hot cocoa ?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Stay safe and warm out there, everyone!

I'm in West Virginia, too...right between Charleston and Huntington. I work in Charleston, and it took me an hour and 50 minutes to make the usual 20-25 minute trek. The roads were HORRIBLE, and I slid all over the place. There were countless wrecks, some pretty serious, but I made it to work okay...only to narrowly miss being hit while walking down the sidewalk to the building by a sliding car, lol.

We were let out early from work since our snow is projected to turn into freezing rain/sleet mix. Here's hoping that tomorrow's drive into work is a little better!

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
-its the coldest we have ever had this time of the year and now they say we will be getting snow ---IM COLD-so wheres all the global warming they are telling us there is
You are getting it............we are supposed to have large 'swings' with the weather and big changes............not necessarily warmer.

We have been breaking records for the past three years......and this year in Nov. we broke some more........and winter hasn't even started yet!! :yikes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.