Frugal Village Forums banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
My laundry room is downstairs. It's a great room with lots of cabinets and drawers. It has a 12 foot long counter that's great for folding clothes. I love it.

·
Registered
688 Posts
My laundry area is off of my kitchen in a hallway behind 2 bi-fold doors. I have an empty closet in my spare bedroom where I hang all of my clothes to dry. It works out very well. I usually fold my clothes as I take them off of the hangers in the spare bedroom.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I don't have a laundry room, we have a closet in the hallway between the familly room and bonus room where our washer and dryer are. I wish I had an actual room!!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
We live in a mobile home so my laundry "room" is a hallway just outside our bedroom. But the location works great since the covered deck is right there and I have 2 small clothes lines strung up between support beams. I fold them either on the couch, if I'm watching tv, or on our bed. I prefer the bed because it has more room and I have no choice but to put them away if I want to go to bed that night. I tend to leave them on the couch too long when I do them there. :shhh:

Cat

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Ours is a closet in the computer/dog room in the center of the house. It use to be a small bedroom. The "laundry room" part of it is in the slideing closet.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Mine is off the kitchen also. I have 2 rods to hang clothes either out of the dryer or wet. I also have the pulley system clothes line right at the back door, which is right off the dryer...lol. I fold clothes as i take them off the line or outta the dryer. the kids just take everything and throw it in the baskets

·
Registered
182 Posts
We recently moved out of our house, where the washer was in the basement and the dryer was in our "bonus room", which used to be a porch but is now a room. You have to go out on the back deck to get to it. What a pain THAT was. In our new apartment, the washer and dryer are both in the kitchen and surprisingly, I love it. I am so much better about doing the laundry now!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Ours is behind the kitchen area. My sister built her house with bedrooms and laundry room upstairs to save on trips.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
mine is in the garage. I fold and hang stuff right as is comes out of the dryer. That is usually as far as I get with it. Everyone comes and gets thier stuff and puts it away. Eventually I put mine away too.

G

·
It is in the backyard of my house. There we have one shelf also tt has three partition. We use each partitions for dirty and washed clothes while third one is used for storing detergent.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Mine is off the kitchen and is also too small for a folding table.

The house I grew up in the street level was the upper story and we had a laundry shute. It was in the kitchen next to the sink. The clothes landed in a basket in the laundry room, on a shelf over the washer/dryer.

The laundry room had a full freezer in it when I was young. The other features that house had that I wish we had was a full double closet in the laundry (no dumbwaiter), and a real linen closet upstairs in the hallway with pullouts to place sheets, etc. on. (Like large cutting boards.)

Judi

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Mine is in the basement right along with me :) The furnace, hot water heater and deep chest freezer are in there. We too have a rod hanging above the washer/dryer/laundry sink and one over the deep freezer. We installed a shelf over the washer/dryer/sink and mounted a former bookshelf on another wall - these house my stockpile of laundry detergent, dish soap, tissues and a few other cleaning supplies along with my iron which rarely gets used lol.

The only complaint is that my bedroom is right next to it - not the noise b/c laundry isn't done when I'm sleeping - but the twice long walk. To leave my bedroom its a long walk out (door placement) only to do a U turn to walk the same length back to the laundry room lol. But the long hallway is what affords me two dryer racks worth of space! :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mine is a combo mud room/laundry room. It is the ugliest room in my house as it also houses the two litter boxes, extra storage containers that I have no room for (seasonal decor and clothes, bedding) and the very large dog crate that my dog sleeps in at night.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Mine USED to be in the kitchen- and I HATED it! Noisy, never looked nice, always some pile of stuff laying around. We finally built a second bathroom, and the laundry is in there now. LOVE IT!! Shut the door on the noise. Out of sight of anyone visiting - it's the private, master bath.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Mine is located in the hallway. I do not like there but what can I do. The house we built when we got married had it in the kitchen and I loved it there. The one we have now has no room for anythingelse as the water heater and the braker box in it.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I have no laundry room. My stackable washer/dryer is in the hallway behind bifold doors next to the furnace and water heater. I fold clothes in the bedroom usually on the bed. It makes it easy to put them away to.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Ours is a separate room off the kitchen. At first I hated that it has "Old West" style swinging doors, but now I don't mind because I can keep the view shut off to an extent and my cats can still get in there for their food and litter box. I have a side-by-side washer and dryer and there's counter space there to fold if I want to, but it's a lot more comfortable to me to sit on the couch in the den and fold while I watch TV or listen to music!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a washer and dryer in the basement. The dryer is dead, though. I hang my clothes outside when I can or on a line in the basement if I have to. It works but I never have soft clothes like from the dryer. Any ideas how to have line dried clothes soft? I do shake them out before I hang them to get rid of some of the wrinkles. I use liquid fabric softener, too. I'm hoping to get a new dryer if the old one can't be repaired.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Ours is in the basement. We have a laundry chute. When we first moved in, we loved it. We always used the chute. Shortly after we moved in DH set up his drums in the basement. He had to show me the 'perfect' spot he set up the drums. As I looked at the set up drums, I noticed it was right below the laundry chute. I had to laugh at that. We still used the chute for awhile (occasionally taking pieces of laundry off the drum set). Once DD was a toddler and putting her 'soiled' clothes down the chute (and on DH's drum set),.. well.. DH put a stop on the chute. Now I just haul the dirty clothes downstairs the old fashioned way.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts