Frugal Village Forums banner
81 - 82 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Countertops

In March my DH and I went refrigerator shopping but came home with the refrigerator and a pair of fron loading washer and dryer. The only place in this house to put them in the washer by the back door in the kitchen and the dryer on the other side of the kitchen by the tiny bedroom. Right now the dryer has the micowave on top with some extra baking dished that wont fit inside the cabnet. The washer will get a marble/ granet or a cheap piece of kitchen counter top places on the top of the washer to add a little bit bigger countertop then the rest of the kitchen does.( it will actully be the biggest countertop in the kitchen). At least will will serve a double duty.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I feel for you carrying the laundry up and down. My sister's family built a couple of houses over the years with upstairs bedrooms, but they put the laundry upstairs on the last one and she's never regretted it.

Ours is behind the kitchen, at the opposite end of the house from the bedrooms/bathrooms. I fold clothes on the kitchen table mostly, but sometimes do the pants and towels right as they come out of the dryer.

81 - 82 of 82 Posts