Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a huge job, but the ugly bush was dug out yesterday and the 2 trees (why on earth they put them where they did) are dug out now also. The beds are now ready for roses and lots of them.

In front of the whole house will be roses and where my steps to the front entrance are, there will be hanging baskets. I also want to put hanging baskets on the upstairs balcony, along with an old wicker rocking chair if I can find one for very few $$.

Along the east side of the house will be where my perennials are.

My back entrance will be redone this year, so I'm not sure what I'll have there if anything this year.

I did have a long garden bed along my yard, but I'm going to make that into a flower bed this year, all with wild flowers. I absolutely love those wild flowers.

I'm starting to really get excited because I'm finally able to get outside and work those flower beds!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nothing like luring your guests to the front door with the sweet smell of roses! That would brighten anyone's day!
The perennial and wild flower beds sound wonderful as well!
How exciting! :D

·
27,948 Posts
How wonderful, CJ. Before you know it your garden is going to look like that magical one that Sara had on the home page last month.:) Enjoy!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Sounds heavenly CJ! I bet it will look beautiful when they are all planted and blooming.

Glad you were able to get all the ugly bushes and trees out.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Sounds wonderful CJ. You have such a great house, I know with all the flowers and rose bushes it will look like something out of a magazine :D . I hope you will post pictures later this summer when you have them done. I would love to see them.

Have a great weekend.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kathy, I definitely am going to take pictures, but I won't get them taken until the end of August, when everything is in full bloom. I've already taken pictures of what it looks like now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts