Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering who here watches soaps on a regular basis and what soaps they do watch.

I use to watch all the CBS soaps, and I one point in time I was watching all 3 networks.

Now that I have my satellite and the fact that local stations aren't availiable to add to my package in the area I am in, I have been watching ABC soaps on SoapNet for the last year and a half.
Prior to that I was already watching Port Charles although it is coming to an end. :(

Since it is canceled after this month I guess I'll have 30 extra minutes a day to spend online ;)

Kat

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I used to - religiously! CBS & ABC...

Then about 11 years ago, I just quit watching one day & have never missed it! Now, I wonder when I had the time! :D I'm not a TV person...I watch Discovery sometimes and EWTN, but that's about it!

Glad you'll have more 'puter time!! :comp: :toothy:

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I watch some when I can--usually Days, One Life to Live, and GH. I may get to see them once or twice a week and never all of them in one day.

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Micelle

Funny you should mention One Life. I WAS watching the marathon of this weeks episodes on SN since I missed Tue-Thur, but my DH just started playing a video game :bang:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I used to watch Y&R everyday then one day I stopped and it been about a year or 2 now.... I usually watch discovery, lifetime or TLC at that time now..

Eileen

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
On the days when I'm home I try to eat lunch around the time when Days of Our Lives is on so I can sit and watch it without feeling like I'm completely wasting time. ;)

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
I watch As The World Turns. I loved the Ric Decker storyline. I used to watch All My Children, but quit a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Dh and I both watch Days of Our Lives....Our oldest dd got us started watching it when she was in High School b/c all of her friends watched and talked about it all the time. Now the kids make fun of us for it. :toothy:

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
I watch cbs but I never get to see a whole episode or all of them in one day. I will get to see more now that the kids are at school.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
I watch General Hospital, Guiding Light, and sometimes Port Charles.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I don't watch them anymore. I stopped about a year ago. I got sick of the same people in the same situations and always down on their luck, or can't get a break. Nothing happy ever happens on them anymore, if it does, it's short lived. Then someone dies or gets cheated on, etc., etc. If I watch anything during the day (rare) it's usually the food network.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I have the vcr set to tape Young and the Restless, Guiding Light and Oprah. I usually watch them at night when I'm doing paperwork. I don't watch the entire show, just fast forward to the "good parts"!! I've been watching them for about 10 years off and on.

Gina

·
27,948 Posts
I watch Young & the Restless, Bold & the Beautiful and As the World Turns. They are so funny & I have been known to talk back to the TV. Fav is Y&R & I love watching Jill and Kay go at it and just about anything Phyliss does. They are a hoot!:laugh:

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
I watch Days when I am home and feel like it. I will watch Passions too, but I am really tired of the stupid story lines that they keep coming up with. If I miss a few days of either, it doesn't hurt my feelings. I don't go out of my way and tape it like I use to. I never use to miss Days and Another World when it was on. Now I don't really mind missing Days. I will probably get in to them when the weather gets colder.

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Oh gosh--I use to plan my day around my soaps lol Then I had more kids and hardly ever got to watch any but Port Charles ( didn't know it was cancelled though ) and haven't watched it since 2001 when my son was born. We have digital cable and we're hooked on the game show network lol I love the weakest link.
I also watch The price is Right on CBS. Thats about all I watch on a regular basis.....
I need to get hooked on watching something...I am so bored during the day :( Well I do have 4 kids and you'd think I wouldn't have time to be bored,but I do get bored sometimes lol

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
the only one I watch is Days of Our Lives:) ....I used to watch General Hospital in its hay day of Luke and Laura, when they were kids...*sigh* thats when soaps were really good:toothy:

·
27,948 Posts
teddymaker said:
the only one I watch is Days of Our Lives:) ....I used to watch General Hospital in its hay day of Luke and Laura, when they were kids...*sigh* thats when soaps were really good:toothy:
I used to watch GH too & then they had the "c"(can't remember the name) who wanted to "freeze" port Charles and I haven't watched since. Guess they crossed my "line". :) LOL!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts