Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FV Buddy
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell me, have you been to Toronto? Why did you come? What did you do?
Would you ever come, if you haven't been?
www.toronto.com

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Yep, I have been to Toronto, although it was when I was a kid.

It was to visit family, my Mom's cousins live in Toronto and Montreal. I have to admit, I liked Montreal better. We went to the old part, I can't remember the name of it. It was in the late spring/early summer and was absolutely gorgeous!

·
FV Buddy
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, it has a ton of stuff to do! Baseball, basketball, hockey, football...plays, concerts, ballet....museums...hockey hall of fame...Casa Loma (a millionaire built a castle for his wife in the middle of the city, now it is a museum and people can get married there)..CN tower...Eaton's center (large mall)...Paramount/Canada's Wonderland(theme park with roller coasters, shows, movie themed rides, etc ..kinda like disney world)...restaurants, bars, everything you want in a city you got it!!! Chinatown, Korea town, Greek Town, Little Italy etc.

Personally, I think it is dirty and scary, but everyone (American) that I have spoken to has said it is clean and very safe!

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
I've been to Toronto numerous times - a couple of times for personal reasons and then for Catch the Fire conferences.

Toronto is not a city I like though, far too large for me. Our niece lives there and we may make a trip again within the next couple of years though and see a bit more of it.

The one thing I did like was the CN tower and looking out on the most clear night that I have ever seen the one time we were there. Love that place!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts