Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like a lot of us in the Village are being hit hard with tough times right now. Of course, as strong villagers and with huge amounts of prayer we will get thru. But what about some good news? Anyone got some they can tell us about?

My good news - Got my free sleep shirt yesterday from Unisom. I am having a good hair day today and my dd got her accelerated reader points so that she will get a big trophy from school.

What abut you?

pat

·
Registered
69 Posts
DD#2 turned one last week, and I am happy to report that her first year has been very healthy. She has only been to the doctor for her well baby visits:).

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I had a wonderful time at the Women's Conference I went to last week and was so blessed!!!! I've also found some great deals grocery shopping this week and saved us tons of money. The sweetest thing though was that Sunday there was a young man sitting in front of me at church. He turned around to greet me and told me he had been listening to me sing during praise and worship and that I had a beautiful voice. AWWWW...Later this same young man went forward to ask Jesus into his heart and became born again!!!! That is the best thing yet!!!:angel:

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
wow. what wonderful news everyone.:D i guess my good news is my sis is coming up saturday, also, after next wed. hubby is off for the summer. (he is a teacher):toothy: :toothy:

·
DebbieBob
1,692 Posts
My good new is Krystal made the honors list in college. She missed the Deans list by .01 but we are so very proud of her!!!!

·
27,948 Posts
Nice idea Pat!
My good news is that I just got done shoveling a lot of mulch. The beds look great! It felt good to work up a sweat and see results.:)

·
Registered
601 Posts
i guess some good news is that i actually felt good enough last night to work in the yard a little bit before this ran came today!!
:dancing:

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
My good news.........DH is off for 5 days so he can help me out around the house and run errands for me. Now when I get off work I don't have to worry as much. YEAH!!

Plus my kids are doing really well and that is wonderful news!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
My good news is that my dh just finished repairing our car, after trying to figure out what was the problem since almost 2 weeks! It was the starter and it cost us 40$ instead of 200 $ because he bought the peice second hand and he did himself! :)

Pat, that was a great idea! Good news is motivating!:D

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
oh, oh, oh, can I share more good news even though I already shared???? Please, please, please!!!! :wave:

We are going to be having a friend stay with us tomorrow and his mom (my wonderful friend) emailed and said she was bring us 2 pizzas and 2 videos to watch (our choice). Woohoo! Dinner and a movies to keep the troops happy! What a sweet friend I have huh???

And....DH and I talked on his lunch hour and he said he is going to grill burgers tonight for dinner! Wow! I'm in no cooking heaven! LOL!:toothy:

And....the boys are not fighting with each other. Do you think this has anything to do with the fact that they are on their best behavior since it is "that time of the month" for me and they are afraid I might ground them if they look sideways at me?:toothy:

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
Ok I thought of some good news. It's not that time of the month for me! And also my best friend is coming to see me tomorrow. We live 150 miles apart.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
My good news is that ds1 was named the MVP for his track team and he earned a letter. Ds2 had 3 t-ball games this week, and his team won them all. Not to mention, he had a good game tonight by doing some great plays. Ds3 is going to be 4 on Sunday and we are having a little party for him. I actually found all the things that he wanted for his birthday.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Good news... my aunt & uncle will be coming to MN from PA this weekend. Dh has Monday off, so we'll enjoy a long weekend together. Ds is doing very well and growing like a weed. Dsd will be graduating from HS in 2 weeks!! :fdance: And, dss is doing a good job at school and trying very hard to pass his classes - keep your fingers crossed! :thumb:

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks like everyone has some good news and I am so thrilled to hear it all. I think this batch of good news is just what we needed. Thanks for sharing.:hurray:

pat

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
we got a flat tire wednesday coming home from dd's doc appointment. good news, we were near an exit so there was plenty of room to pull over, dh got AAA last winter when he drove to texas and back just in case anything happened, so we used that to send a truck out. the guy came out in about 20 minutes :surprise: and changed the tire for us(we have a van and dh didn't feel comfortable changing the tire .) we asked the guy where the nearest tire place was and it is 2 towns over but thankfully right next to a wendy's so dd could eat. we dropped off the van and went and ate and by the time we got back, we waited all of 3 minutes and the guy was pulling it around front. they fixed the tire, put it back on and rotated the tires. and they didn't charge us anything for it!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts