Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't sure where to put this ...

Does anyone here use BondRewards? For those who don't know, the idea is that you do your online shopping through their site and get a percentage back in "BondRewards" which after collecting 50 are available for exchange for US savings bonds.

I shopped at drugstore.com through that site in December (and I made SURE the BondRewards bar was at the top of the page) and still didn't get my reward back, so I emailed and they said that it wasn't done through the site. But it WAS. So to date I've earned a measly $1.55 and that's only for the 5 cents you get for emails and a $1 survey I did once.

Has anyone been more successful with this?

G

·
I've done a lot of various paid-to-surf, paid-to-read-emails, paid-to-take-surveys, paid-to-shop, rewards programs, etc. over the years and have never made much money on any of them. I find that most programs sound great, and then after a year or so they start getting behind on payments, and then they disappear. Some of them take a lot of time, too - if I get $.01 for clicking on a link, and I have to click on 1000 links to get paid, and it takes me 5 minutes each day to check the site and click on 5 links - then I'm making $3 an hour - woo-hoo.

Here is the very small list of programs I'm still involved in:
CreationsRewards - best site for shopping, stuff usually credits in 24 hours or less.
MyPoints - old and reliable, but slow earner for me
UPromise - I almost never shop through them except when they are the only site rewarding for a certain merchant. It has taken me three years to get up to a balance of $24.15.

Survey sites are another story, but that a whole other thread.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, this isn't a survey or pay-to-do-something site, but works just like Upromise. You get money back on the things you buy, but BondRewards focuses through online shopping rather than in-store shopping.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did also sign up with Upromise, have all my cards linked, etc. but never earned anything past the $7 or so I made this summer. Lame. BondRewards has considerably higher rewards than Upromise and offers tons of popular merchants. But if it doesn't register that I went through that site then I'm not sure I should even bother. That's why I was wondering if other people were actually successfully getting their money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts