Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sitting here just ready to jump in there !!!I hate having one bathroom!!!Sorry to vent but it's just not fair!!!Small potatoes in the scheme of things but just wanted to vent.:bolt:

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
That would be me too Darlene! All the years I have been living...we have had only one bath-room. A few years ago though...my Hubby brought the washer & dryer up out of the cellar for me...when he did this he put in a shower in the same room. :whirly:

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
We only have one and it's ok for us. We don't have children and Malcom is always working so I have it to myself most of the time:D

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
us too! It's horrible isn't it? And my husband is the type that literally takes an hour sometimes! I am the type that pee's VERY frequently!!! :eek: You would laugh if you peeked into our home, as I'm sitting there banging on the door pleading desperatly to use the potty :eek:

If dh's using the mirror, the only way for me to get in on it at the same time is if I stand on the toilet and lean over :D

It's SUCH a small bathroom for being the only one in the house :bang:

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
We have one very small bathroom as well and there have been times when its been awfully close to someone having an accident. Between, me and dd, we've done some dancing a few times while theres been a guy in the washroom!!!

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Only one here and five of us to share :) Only had one growing up too (well once we got running water, before that we shared one outhouse).

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
One here too and it is very small and I don't like it at all!! The shower is under the stairway so you have to stand at the one end of the shower or you will smack your head on the slope!! One of DH projects for the summer is to build a new bathroom in wasted space out back (it is storage space at the back of the house) I hope this is one project that gets done! I have never had a new bathroom.....isn't it amazing how excited we get over getting a new room!! Never in a million years when I was, say 20, get excited over a new bathroom!!!:D

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Yup, me too and I hate it. It is upstairs and I will hold it as long as I can so I don't have to climb the stairs! The stairs are murder on my arthritis.

Someday I would like a laundry room on the first floor with a 1/2 bath. :rolleyes: Someday :sigh:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
One here too ! There are only 4 of us........
I grew up in a house of 7 people and only one bathroom so this seems ok to me....

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Ladies....tsk...tsk...tsk....ROFLMAO

I grew up with 3 sisters, Mom and Dad and we had an outhouse w/ no tub or shower. Galvanized wash tub in the kitchen for bathing and in the summer we bathed in the creek (pronounced crick...LOL)

Now I have a fairly decent sized bathroom (only 1) with a commode, bath tub, sink and shower). No complaints here!!
Beats a cold bath in the crick ANYDAY of the week!!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
We are in the one bathroom group too. I long for the day when we have a bathroom adjoining to our bedroom, I will be on :cloud9: .

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
OK I was going to complain about our one small bathroom. After listening to some of you talk about an outhouse I'll hold my tongue. We actually have a larger bathroom now since we had it redone, of course Dd doesn't have a closet anymore. LOL Ah living in an old farm house... anyone want to talk about closets now?!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I don't have a single closet in my home....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

LOLOLOLOL

·
Registered
85 Posts
Graci, it is nice to hear someone else say Crick!! :D Born & raised in Pgh, Pa. That's what a creek was to us too. After reading about outhouses etc, I will never complain again about my little bathroom.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts