Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have five people living in the house and we have 7 TVs in the house... including 1 in the living room, 1 in each bedroom and 2 in the game/computer room (1 for TV watching, 1 for games). There is a TV on in this house almost 24/7.

Most of the time I'm not watching the TV, it's just on for background noise. Does anyone else do this?

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
It's just the two of us and we have three tv's: in living room, office, and bedroom. I have it on in the background after about 4pm and it's on until I go to bed. I watch Nick @ Nite and currently I am watching Roseanne, or at least listening to it while I am on the computer. I turn the tv off if I am reading or sometimes I just turn it down low if I am in the same room as my fiance and he's watching it. I think we would have withdrawals if we cut tv out of our lives cold turkey, it's a pretty inexpensive form of entertainment for us.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
I love my tvs. We hjave 4 people and 7 tvs. There is one in the kitchen, living room, Ali's bedroom, the dog's bedroom, my room and two in John's bedroom. There is never a time when there is not at least two tvs on, even when we are gone. The tv in the living room stays on for my little dog, Frannie when we are gone and the TV in the big dog, Hunter's room stays on at all times. John usually has at least one of his on all the time. The tv in my room rarely cuts off. Ali will cut her's off at night and the kitchen one is on50/50.

I cannot remember a time in my life when I did not have a tv in my bedroom. I could not and would not go without television, with cable of course.

I do like the background noise it provides when I am cooking, cleaning or messing around on the computer. A quiet house creeps me out. I like noise.

My favorite daytime shows are Price is Right, Montel, the different small claims court shows, Jeopardy and City Confidential.

At night I like Amazing Race, Grease, Survivor, American Idol, Big Brother(can't wait for the new season to start in July), Top Chef (Tom Colicchio is HOT), 7th Heaven, Project Runway, Real Housewives, 48 hours, Top Design, Two-A-Days, and Nick at Night for the overnight hours.

I truly do not like any soaps, Oprah, Lost, CSI, House and 60 Minutes.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I also keep the tv on about all the time. If I'm not watching it, I have it on for background noise.

I currently am watching Star Trek, Star Trek TNG, and Star Trek Voyager. I've never watched these shows before and get a kick out of them. I also watch a lot of sports shows.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I must confess.... I'm a TV addict. It's only DH and me here and we have 4 TV's! Only two are in use though. One in the living room and one in the bedroom. I get up at 6 a.m. and the first thing I do is turn the TV in the living room on and it's on ALL day. I rarely watch....it's mainly for background noise. I really need to get out of this habit.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
We have three tv but one belongs to the girsl for playing games and watching tapes, I dont allow cable in the kids rooms. Mine is on 24/7 becuase I go nuts if the house is to quite.But Im not watching it all the time. I mainly watch late night.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
We have 5 tvs (6 people in the house). But quite honestly, only two get used regularly. The small one for the kids gamecube games (they each get 20 minutes if their homework is done) and the living room one that doesn't come on until 5-6pm. The other three, one NEVER gets used and will get put in the yard sale this summer. Our bedroom one, we don't have cable so the only time that gets used is when I want to stay up late watching something on CBS (the only channel that comes in :rolleyes: ), and there's one upstairs in the exercise room that should get more use but doesn't :blush: :lol:

So yeah, we have a lot of tvs...but we don't watch a lot of tvs. Make sense?

·
Registered
419 Posts
my family and I am including myself are addicted to tv. There are 3 of us and 5 televisions. The family room, both bedrooms, the livingroom and the kitchen. Not all are on all the time. although at least one is all the time. I put the timer on the bedroom one so it goes off by itself, because we usually fall aspleep watching. I do like the tv on for background noise. Occasionally I will put the close captioning on and listen to the radio, or read. I am not fond of a silent house.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
There are 3 in my house 1 in my room which comes on in the morning if I need to rest 1in the living room that comes on after the gks get home from school and one in their room which they play ps2 games on. gotta have noise
Fern

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
We have 3 televisions and 2 people living here. We have one in the living room, one in the kitchen and one in our bedroom. If I am awake, I generally have either the kitchen or living room television on. I like the background noise. :)

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
we have 3 TV and 3 people, but we seldom watch the one in the basement it is really for video game systems.
i LOVE tv its on pretty much all the time here cause i hate quiet i fall asleep with it on.........and here comes the sad part it's how i tell time so i need it on first thing or else im disoriented. i need a tv with a sleep timer and an alarm. im trying to get better but so far the only alternative is my ipod, not a lot better

·
Registered
708 Posts
I love the home shows: buying homes, selling homes, renovating, etc. Oh, and What Not To Wear is one of the best shows ever. Other than that, I like pretty standard TV: The Simpsons, Frasier, Friends, Scrubs, House, CSI, etc.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Whew... I thought I was the only one. I thought I'd get all kinds of grief from posting this.

I've gotten in a bad habit of needing the TV to sleep... yes, I need the TV on all night long or I don't sleep good. One negative about that is I hear news on TV and when I wake up I wonder if I dreamed new or what (especially when there's something bad that happens overnight and they've cut in on the programming).

Worse part of it all, is my roommates are as bad, if not worse, than I am. I guess it's true... birds of a feather flock together.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
We have one tv in the house which is in the living room. We really don't watch a lot of tv. We watch Heroes on Monday, American Idol and Lost on Wednesday, American Idol on Thursday and 20/20 on Friday night. Sometimes I'll watch Dr. Phil is it's a good one and sometimes Judge Judy. We watch a lot of vidoes on our computers. We have three in the house and all can play the DVDs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts