Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been giving a lot of thought to this I was wondering if anybody else feels the same way I do.

The true God- Is not a human image that sits in heaven and passes judgement. The true god does not need or desire to be worshiped. The true God does not punish people for "failing to believe in jeasus".
I believe that god is not seperate from the universe or from anyone or anything in the universe. Everyone is a totally equal and integral aspect of God. In other words we are god ,we are in our heaven. Heaven is the kingdom within. The grass is god , the bees are god, the pasta we eat is god. God is like a source of engergy that is deep in your soul. Its the seed of your soul.

quite simply "God" is the entire universe and everything contained in it. God exist in the form of energy.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
The true God- Is not a human image that sits in heaven and passes judgement. The true god does not need or desire to be worshiped. The true God does not punish people for "failing to believe in jeasus".
I have always thought this and therefore always had a huge problem with conceptions of God. I'd just ask "WHY would an omniscient being need any of that?!" Especially now in reading the Old Testament where he even says things like "I'm a jealous God so you'll worship no one else" and whatnot.

Anyhow, I don't believe in a higher being period, but I'm glad you brought up this idea :)

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Acidcookie- I think you and I might be on the same wave! I was thinking that I all I can see is the church seperates people instead of bringing them together. And it seams that its all basid on fear. The fear of Gods wrath! Why would any God have wrath for anything? And why would any Omnipotent being be demanding,vengeful or vidictive as if God were a monarchy with the human race as subjects, casting down judgements. I dotn get why anybody would want to live thinking this is the way it is?

·
Registered
2,168 Posts

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
I struggle with what I have been taught to believe to God and what I truly think God is. I think God is an ever present, guiding force in our lives, but I truly do not feel that God is as he is described in the Bible. I feel that the Bible is a tool of man used to control others.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
As a Wiccan, I believe in a God and a Goddess. I myself cannot understand why there would only be one, lonesome father figure to rule the universe. I can't understand why any god would want that, and I just don't believe it's possible. In Nature there is a Male and a Female side to everything, even objects for which we don't consider having genders: Moon (Female) and Sun (Male). Ocean (Female) and Earth (Male). Even plants have male and female genders. So why would we believe that there is just one God?

Now there are MAAAAAANY gods and goddesses out there in every religion -- Amaterasu, Kali, Freyja, the Virgin Mary, the Morrigan, etc. and Odin, Zeus, Loki, The Green Man, Jesus, Shiva, etc. -- and in my opinion, they are all different faces and aspects of the God and the Goddess. So when we, as witches, call upon one god or another, we are simply calling on that aspect of the God or Goddess, because that is the focus we need. It's the same as having a brother or sister, who is also your friend, guide, confidant, cheerleader, protector, judge, voice of reason, etc. To me the Lord and Lady have an intimiate relationship with all beings on this world, and I call upon them daily for help, for support, to chat, to give praise, for comfort, to day dream and just to live in general. They have a very intimate part of my life.

·
8,714 Posts
~God is Spirit and Truth. God rules all and controls all. He doesn't inhabite the earth or things. However His Holy Spirit resides in those who believe. God the Father created man for companionship. Man felt physically lonely without an opposite gendered mate so God created woman. God did not and does not desire physical companionship like created beings do so He would never need a "Goddess". He judges all and condemns those who are evil. He is Holy and cannot exist with evil. Those who believe in God's son Jesus' sacrificial death on the cross and resurrection from the dead are forever pardoned from punishment because of what Jesus did. It means, to believers, that we are truly born-again into a spiritual family. God is my spiritual Father and he cares for me like a father. He wants to know me personally so I share my life with Him through prayer. In times of pain or confusion He comforts me. I know that ALL things are in His hands. The world and the evil here don't frighten me because Jesus has overcome the world. I KNOW that I will be with Jesus in Heaven when I die. The Holy Spirit lives within me and guides my heart and life(when I'm not listening to me and what ME wants). I'm trying to be like Christ. To love others so sacrificially. And that comes back to God is Love. My mission as a disciple of Jesus Christ is to Love God and Love others. I deny myself and what I want and follow Him. I don't always succeed but I try. My spirituality isn't me and where I fit in the universe, it's God and His amazing Grace. That's what I believe.~

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Very well said Constance, I agree wholeheartedly!

Only one thing to add:

Those who believe in God's son Jesus' sacrificial death on the cross and resurrection from the dead are forever pardoned from punishment because of what Jesus did.~
and turn from their sin and ask His forgiveness. Because He will freely give it to anyone who asks of it!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I think the reason I worship one God is based on humility and the feeling that I give due praise to my creator. I believe the reason God created was based on love.I believe God is a spiritual being, not just a force.And I blame God for nothing, I have been given free choice. It has been common for the very beings God created to turn from him and feel equal. It is the basis of sin.I am glad to share my belief with you.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I think the reason I worship one God is based on humility and the feeling that I give due praise to my creator. I believe the reason God created was based on love.I believe God is a spiritual being, not just a force.And I blame God for nothing, I have been given free choice. It has been common for the very beings God created to turn from him and feel equal. It is the basis of sin.I am glad to share my belief with you.
I COMPLETELY agree with you. I was kicked off of another board for stating my beliefs, so I won't get into the debate... I'll be praying for all of you!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I COMPLETELY agree with you. I was kicked off of another board for stating my beliefs, so I won't get into the debate... I'll be praying for all of you!

Oh, this really bugs me. I visit a Christian site and am not permitted to say that I'm a non-trinitarian, although I am a believer of Jesus Christ. I just don't think He's God. So, I am apparently a second class Christian who is not worthy to be around other Christians. Grrr. ;)

·
Registered
713 Posts
Oh, this really bugs me. I visit a Christian site and am not permitted to say that I'm a non-trinitarian, although I am a believer of Jesus Christ. I just don't think He's God. So, I am apparently a second class Christian who is not worthy to be around other Christians. Grrr. ;)
I am just curious, what do believers of your religion consider Jesus? How is it different from, say, Judaism or Islam?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
The Bible clearing states that Paradise on earth will be restored & "The righteous themselves will possess the earth And they themselves will live forever upon it" & that is what I am looking forward to where noone will say "I am sick & death, pain & sorrow will be no more.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Constance, well put.
All I know is that my life is infinitely better and more blessed since knowing God and accepting him as my Lord and Savior. I don't feel controlled or run by fear, rather the opposite. I have a freedom from knowing Jesus and have much peace and joy because of the purpose in my life. I didn't have that before asking Jesus to help direct and guide me and forgive me of my sins and shortcomings. Before that time I lived under lots of condemnatin, fear and guilt. Conviction is from the Holy Spirit, but condemnation is from Satan. I don't live under condemnation now, even when I fall short, rather I know that there is a God that can pick me up and put my feet back on solid ground. That brings me great joy. I awaken every day with the joy of knowing him and that he has only good for me here on earth, and that I have all eternity to get to now Him better. I can't imagine living my life any other way. :)

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I agree that God is not human. I also do not believe that God "punishes" people for not believing in Jesus. I cannot describe God to you, but I tend to use a generic "He" for convenience - although I do not believe that God has actual gender as we think of it. I also think that churches have often strayed from actual worship of God to the use of God as a tool to control people - and I intensely dislike that. I believe that God gave us free will and desires us to choose "good" over "evil", the betterment of society over individual interests, to help rather than to hurt, and so forth. I have been lucky to feel a very direct presence of God and so I have great faith in the existence of God - however, faith implies belief without proof, and I cannot offer any empirical evidence to those who do not believe in the existence of God. I can, and sometimes do, relate stories of my own experiences that have helped bolster my belief, but I also realize that someone can offer alternative explanations that would be possible and so I consider my belief something of a choice. I choose to believe that God exists and has a plan for me and for others, and that the decisions I make that might get in the way will somehow be diverted down unforseeable paths. Thus, when I drove my car off a cliff and it bounced and kept going (seriously, didn't even explode the tires) when I was in my 20s - I considered it a hint that I had not yet done or learned whatever I am supposed to. I have subsequently born and raised a child that I believe is an improvement to the world, and have had an opportunity to provide support to various individuals going through a rather odd assortment of challenges (both physical and emotional). I do not think I will ever be a known figure, no do I want to be. I DO think that my presence on this earth for the last 20+ years has been of value, and I'm very low maintenance. That is the only way I know to express my appreciation to God for the gifts that have been given to me and to the world. And, in case you are curious - I am a Christian who believes in the trinity and the resurrection.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
It's a fear thing

Dana, I'm sorry you have EVER been denied to opportunity to express your beliefs. I think the kind of experience you refer to is what I refer to when I say that some churches (and other organizations) have been diverted from worship of God to trying to control people - and those are often very uncomfortable with anyone expressing something that does not mesh with their presentation and they often try to silence any dissent. I personally think God gave us minds and mouths with the intent that we use them!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts