Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife was wondering who matches prices between CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, etc.
Also who accepts competitors coupons?

Mucho thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
sorry russ, I store hop. I don't think any price match. Walmart does. But each of the three drug stores have their own cash back program. Even if one matched, they wouldn't spit out the cash back that the competitor store was promoting on a certain week.

clear as mud?

·
2,688 Posts
If a store does price match, we would have to bring in the other store's flyer with us.
And the product has to match exactly. If your coupon says only good on a certain size, that is what you have to buy.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Walmart now accepts competitors coupons. They do not double however. Pretty sure they match. Sorry it all constantly changes
Tell her to go to each site and download it. Even the stores rarely know their own policies. Keep a copy of each policy in your binder.
My fav. was the cashier who thought I couldn't use coupons on clearance. A clear lack of understanding of coupon reimbursement.

Bargains to bounty site matches and stacks for you. Great lady/great site.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Last Wednesday Walmart wouldn't take my $7.00 coupon from Hannaford. It was a catalina which is a manufactures coupon. The cashier said that they don't take those. I said yes you do. You have a new policy on coupons and you now accept competitors coupons. He called someone and said to whomever that I was trying to give this coupon "that was clearly a Hannafords coupon" to him. He didn't even say that it was a manu type coupon, just it's a Hannaford one. He gets off the phone and said "No, we don't". I was flippin mad.

If you have something as important as a change in your coupon policy, maybe just maybe you should inform the cashiers about it. He didn't even try to scan it. I am sure that it would of gone through without even a beep.

If I had any ink in my printer, I would have had a copy on me. Ugh!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts