199.43!

Ok, can I say how elated I am ?!?!?!?! That;s everything ladies -

diapers
formula
fodd
hba
salt for the water softener
pet food/litter....EVERYTHING!!!

Ok, so I gues I am patting myself on the back a bit, but hey, if I can't do it here, where can I?

Did anyone else make it with me? Share!

·
8,714 Posts
~Oh yeah! My best ever! $113 spent when my challenge was $200 and my budget is $225. That's just food. Home and personal care items came to $19, however I subtract the amount I get in rebate checks, which was $27 so I actually came out REALLY ahead this month! So my budget allows $275 for everything and I *spent* $105 so I'm $170 under budget.~

·
Registered
98 Posts
I met goal, as well for a month. I have to count mine by 4 weeks instead of a calendar month, due to the way DH gets his checks - he's self employed. So we actually finished our feb shopping last week 130/150 - first month I've been a SAHM, and first month we've survived on so little. Started next months shopping today. We go once the first week of the month, and do a BIG trip, and then pick up milk, bread, etc the rest of the month as needed. New system, but seems to be working.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I did! I came in $25.00 under my goal! I'm so happy! And the best part is my house is loaded with food! Just loss leaders now for me for a few weeks hopefully!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I blew it. I had budgeted $200.00 for the month.After I went over by $28.00 I said the heck with it and didn't keep track. I estimate I was over by about $50.00.Give or take a few covert bottles of soda.Sigh. This just was not as easy as I thought it would be.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Way over with DH buying a couple of whole prime ribs, but boy was that first one ever so good!! So will try again for March!! It is fun trying to make it on a budget for grocery shopping it really makes one think when buying food. In a couple of months though I will be feeding guys out in the field and it can range from 3 to 15!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I want to do this for March! Do you guys do this every month? I budget $100 a week for groceries but I know I can spend way less than that. I think I will say $250???

·
Registered
426 Posts
I failed. By a bunch!! At least $50.00. Prices on a bunch of stuff went up this month and with no sales that really hurt. Fruit was really expensive and we went almost a week without it and were really feeling it physically so we had to buy it. Our cupboards were almost bare of all fruits and veggies about a week ago.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I went yesterday for a few things we needed and I found some great bargains. I spent $26 and went $9 over. But that is ok. Sometimes I feel like it doesn't pay to be penny wise but pound foolish. I try to stay in budget and, for the most part, I am getting better at it.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I stayed within my budget too, I usually spend no more than $75 for the month, this month I was under $60, woo hoo!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I stayed within my budget too, I usually spend no more than $75 for the month, this month I was under $60, woo hoo!
How in the world do you do this? You have 2 teen-age boys and a hubby and daughter, plus 2 dogs? Is this for everything or just food? Even if it is just food, that means you spent $15.00 weekly .I know you have stated that you drink 5 or 6 bottles of Diet Pepsi weekly. Even at $1.00 a bottle that knocks off $5 or $6 dollars- I cannot imagine feeding a family of 5 on $9 or $10 dollars weekly.Do you have a stockpile? Do the kids eat all 3 meals at home?Man, I really need to examine my shopping habits more closely. I feel terribly wasteful.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Okay ladies...keep those success stories coming...I am going to use this thread for motivation for the March challenge...great work!!!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I squeaked by with 2 dollars under budget. (448/450) I'm proud though, Feb. was a major restocking month for me. Now my chest freezer and refrigerator freezer are both slap full, and my pantry is bulging. My budgest covered everything, groceries, pet supplies HBA, paper goods, etc.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Surprisingly, we did!:cheergrl:

--Michelle

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
I made it. I spent 35 less than last month!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Tracy, I'm with Annymoll--how the heck do you do that? I'm soooo jealous lol!

We made it under goal by about $30. I can do better now that my stockpile is organized and listed so I can see what I'm using lol!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts