Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am SO excited for the camping season to begin. Our first weekend out will be March 10th, and I CAN NOT WAIT! Who's with me? Who has their camping season all planned out? Have fun campers!

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
We'll be doing quite a bit of tent camping this year (our motor home died a horrible death -- it's now just an extra room for guests)

Other than a trip to MI to meet an online friend -- we don't have anything definite planned.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
No camping here for us but I do wish you the best in your travels and have tons of fun :)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I have been thinking about camping (tent) too the past few days as it warms up a bit. The kids hate the idea so it may be something SO and I do one night or weekend. On the other hand, I make make it manditory and drag them away from the tv.....lol.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been thinking about camping (tent) too the past few days as it warms up a bit. The kids hate the idea so it may be something SO and I do one night or weekend. On the other hand, I make make it manditory and drag them away from the tv.....lol.
I don't know how old your kids are but I bet if you got them out there camping they would love it.
My oldest is 13, about to turn 14, and he never wants to go camping anymore. Sometimes I will make him go and he always has a blast. You just have to get them there. :) Have fun!

·
Registered
46 Posts
We were supposed to go camping this weekend with the Cub Scouts but my 8yo still has the flu. Poor bubby.

We have another camping trip planned for the end of April. Around here our camping season doesn't last much past April. It gets too danged hot!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Get those kids out into the wild! It'll be good for them :toothy:

We are hoping to plan a trip some time for the end of April. I want to rent a pop-up camper and just stay somewhere for a few days. We can take Bella with us and we can do some fishing or something. Just sounds like fun doesn't it????:thumb:

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
We are planning a trip the week of Spring Break, March 12th. We are camping with a tent this year because we sold our pop-up. We thought we would get around to getting something else, but never did. This also makes it easier to pull the boat. We only have to worry about getting the boat to the lake instead of both.

Enjoy your camping trip!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I am hoping to rent a lake cabin and go for a weekend soon. I am so ready for warm weather and lazy weekends.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Went camping two weeks ago and going again in three weeks and then three weeks after that!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Summer vacation will be 3 nights at the beach ..camping. I'm sure we will go camping in the Gorge before then, at least a couple times.

·
Registered
419 Posts
We dont camp. I admire anyone who does. The closest we have come to camping is staying at friends trailor that is in a trailor park in N.H.. It had all the ammenities including a fully working bathroom. I love the outdoors, and will hike etc, but I want to sleep indoors in a bed with sheets. My idea of roughing it when the kids were young was renting the condo in the white mountains that didnt have air conditioning. LOL

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We dont camp. I admire anyone who does. The closest we have come to camping is staying at friends trailor that is in a trailor park in N.H.. It had all the ammenities including a fully working bathroom. I love the outdoors, and will hike etc, but I want to sleep indoors in a bed with sheets. My idea of roughing it when the kids were young was renting the condo in the white mountains that didnt have air conditioning. LOL
Well, we don't exactly rough it. :) We have a camper complete with a working bathroom, full kitchen, beds, couch, A/C, heat, TV's, ect. I would love to try tent camping sometime. Perhaps this fall.
We do almost all of our cooking outside. Pretty much the only time we are in the camper is if it's raining or when we're sleeping. We love being outdoors, but like you, enjoy going inside to sleep.
A couple of weekends ago we were looking at purchasing a new camper. This one actually had a bath and a half! LOL

·
Registered
586 Posts
we only get away once or twice a summer camping. We only have a tent now as our pop up died a few years back. I don't mind the tent though. I can't wait to go. I love the fires, the food, the fresh air... everything about it. We go to a place in Maine and it is my girls favorite place in the world. Anyone else ever go to Papoose Pond in North Waterford, Maine?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Well, we don't exactly rough it. :) We have a camper complete with a working bathroom, full kitchen, beds, couch, A/C, heat, TV's, ect. I would love to try tent camping sometime. Perhaps this fall.
We do almost all of our cooking outside. Pretty much the only time we are in the camper is if it's raining or when we're sleeping. We love being outdoors, but like you, enjoy going inside to sleep.
A couple of weekends ago we were looking at purchasing a new camper. This one actually had a bath and a half! LOL
I think you should just pitch a tent outside your camper and let the kids sleep in it or just play in it and then sleep in your nice comfy camper. I tent camp only because we don't go enough anymore to make it worth while to buy a camper but OOHH how jealous I am of those campers. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
We have the camping season all planned out. We start in May over Memorial Day weekend and go till October. It is so much fun to go camping in our RV. My 13 yr old and soon to be 6 yr old. love it. Our dog Daisy loves it as much as we do. She loves to ride on the golf carts when we rent them at the campgrounds. We decided Every year we would pick a big trip last year it was Disney. This year it is the Dakotas. Yahoo! Can't wait.

Smores Away!

·
Registered
109 Posts
May 11th is my DH's birthday and I will also graduate from school that day. I don't remember if this has been posted, but if you camp at KOA campground on May 11th, you get to stay May 12th for free! We are thinking about doing it. We love to camp :)

http://www.koa.com/

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thanks for the KOA tip Autumn! We might just plan a trip then too!

We tent camp and this will be our second season. I am so looking forward to getting back out there. I just purchased a cast iron camp dutch oven and I can't wait to cook up something yummy!

·
Registered
236 Posts
We are leaving tomorrow morning for a weekend camping trip with our friends and neighbors. Can't wait, it is the first one of the year and we camp through October, sometimes for a week sometimes for a weekend. We have a fifth wheel though so we don't have it too rough.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts