Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started thinking about it last night. I hate shopping the week before, too many people, too often items are sold out. So I'm going to be looking at my ingredients lists and adding things to my shopping over the next couple weeks.

Reactions: Libby

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
I need to get started on my menu. Then I'll figure out what I need and start shopping from there.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Thinking about it. It will just be the 4 of us so it will be simple, just the way I like it :)

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
I tried to plan our Thanksgiving (Canada) and well, that didn't go over to well. It was cancelled due to family drama. Glad I was not involved. DH, dad and I did our own special meal - though not quite traditional Thanksgiving fare.

I feel a lil guilty that I will be getting a 'do-over' by celebrating Thanksgiving again with the in-laws. :D The only thing I plan on is eating a family meal, regardless what is served. Oh and getting to wear shorts while doing so :thumb:

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
no I haven't thought about it yet..I am usually much more on the ball with the holidays...I am keeping my menu simple turkey, dressing, yams, cranberry salad, rolls...Pumpkin pie and chocolate cake or some other kinda cake.....

really looking forward to no drama....

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hadn't thought much about it till I saw a few turkeys in my yard two days ago!

Reactions: oheoh's momma

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I have been planning for a while. I start looking for things on sale and planning what we are having Augustish. We drive about 5 hours and I bring pretty much everything that we eat for the three days that we are down there. We go visit his elderly aunt and I always ask her what she wants me to cook. Since it is just her, I know that there are a few things that she misses eating. This year, she requested roast with potatoes and carrots.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I have my menu already done and bought some of the supplies i need this month already! i wanted to split it up so i didnt have so much in one month to buy!

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Since the cheapest food around here is sold in Nov - End of the year, I usually plan to buy a LOT of my food in November. What I've done is start clearing out my freezer and pantry. I've been making soup, canning and dehydrating more, etc. so there's room ifor the .49/lb turkey, etc. that shows up in the holiday sales. I only know right now that we'll have sweet potatoes. . . after that? It depends on what's on sale!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Wow $0.49 that's an awesome price. The lowest I have seen over the years is $.69 now they are running $.89lb.

Bought 1 turkey already and wait for some more good sales. Do have a few things in the pantry that have gotten on sale over the last few months. Getting there. We will be having 11 people this Turkey day:)

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
had our first advertised turkey sale already this year.

$10 off if you buy X amount of Kraft products

T

·
0 Posts
Thinking about it - my parents are having their meal on Saturday, not sure yet about my in-laws. We host a turkey dinner a few weeks before, so I'll be hosting on 11/10. Still in the thinking stage, have not yet actually made shopping lists or anything.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I make a list and try to spread out the buying throughout October/November. I hate buying it all the week of Thanksgiving! It's so expensive. I'm still making room in my freezer to house some bird I snag on sale :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts