Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it that when a parent grounds their kids it is the parent who is really grounded? My DSs went out to the back field,with out telling me where they went & they were playing by the irrigation ditch last night b4 dinner. I couldn't find them for 45 min. When they got back they did not understand my being so mad. Now today they are paying the price, no n-64, no computer, no tv etc. But I am the one to make sure they are not doing these things. Frustrating......

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Kids are kids..lol. I guess us suffering along with them is part of being a good parent. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you!

·
27,948 Posts
Oh Leaflady, I feel your pain. Thank you for suffering for the greater good of society.(whine, whine~ that wasn't me that was the kids!) Mom of an 18yr. old & next month 17 yr. old who is still contributing to the greater good.Bless you.:)

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I agree that it is a drag, but like Darlene said, "It's for the greater good" I'm glad to hear about someone parenting ! Keep up the good work !

·
Registered
601 Posts
Kids are kids, and i suppose that acting up, etc is all part of growing up.... and of course, we have to suffer along with them to be parents.. :lol: I feel your pain!!!!!!!!! good luck

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I wish someone would ground me to my room!!!:toothy: No laundry, dishes, etc.!;)

Just kidding!

I'm sorry, I do know how you feel. I think the grounding is harder on us parents than it is on the kids. :hugz: for following through and being a great parent! The world need more parents like you who love their kids enough to show them that there are consequences to their bad choices.

·
27,948 Posts
:clap: :hugz:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I know it's tough...I'm glad you survived the day...It's not easy being a parent...:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts