Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is making me so angey. My #2 son and his wife went to a party on the 4th of July. He throught everything was ok. Well they were arrested. Come to find out his wife was angry at their hostess. And took a bunch of stuff. Well he didn't know his wife did that. Well I bailed them both out and hired 2 lawyers because they were charged seperate. I told them both this was a loan not a gift. They both understood it. Well all charges were dropped against my son the lawyer gave me back my money. Well she admitted she did it. My son doesn't understand why she did it neither do I. Well it was the begining of the end to their marriage. He could have lost his job and his children. All she wanted to do was fight. She ended up hurting my 15yo grandson. Tried to keep his little brother from him (little brother has downs) They are not her kids. Cops didn't do anything. She kicked them out and the cops said thats ok. So they moved closer to me. Now she expects my son to pay me back for her lawyer and bail.Not going to happen. How stupid can a person get. My son filed for a divorce this week.
Fern

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Come to find out his wife was angry at their hostess. And took a bunch of stuff.
^^^ This answers this vvv ;)

How stupid can a person get.
My son filed for a divorce this week.
Good thing stupidity doesn't transmit by marriage. :D

Sorry your son is having to go through this. Sounds like he picked a real winner there. :(

·
Registered
326 Posts
Wow! Your son's wife definitely has some issues. Good for him for seeing the situation for what it is and getting out. How could she do what she did though to the kids? That's just mean and senseless.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yeah, that's just over the top CRAZY behaviour! Yor son will be much better off without her!

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree and the boys have me,their mom and other grandma all around them. Which is a good thing. I didn't think she was like that. She got community service. Should have locked her up.
Fern

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Very sad. I hope she gets some help. Sounds like she needs it very badly.Glad your son seen her ways early. Glad he was able to get out of the mess.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm so glad your son is out of that union. I know it's hard to lose the money from her - but the less contact you have the better.
Your son is very lucky to have you on his side . I guess we never stop parenting.

·
Registered
590 Posts
She sounds unique to say the least. I know that is a lot of money but maybe it would be better to let that one go in order for your son and yourself to have the least contact with her as possible.

Is your son in a position to just pay you back a bit at a time himself. I know if it were me in the situation and I was just happy to be extricated from the situation and a family member was gracious enough to have helped me out with an soon to be ex spouse, I would just find a way to repay that family member myself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.