Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want this to be a knock down the doctors posts because we've had some wonderful doctors.

BUT I just read another post where the doctor sorta slugged it off as nothing. I've read over and over where this has happened. Why do you think that is? Is it because we don't bring enough information when we go in to visit our physicians? Is it because we look haggard and they think, just another tired/paranoid mother? Do we come across as knowing it all and don't give the physicians a chance before were in tears?

OR is it because doctors don't trust mothers/father's instinct? Is is because they are so over worked they don't have time to listen?

Some thoughts!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
In our case, it is a case of the dctor being overworked. We had one doctor, a nueroligist, who wouldn't listen to a word we said. We broughty our child elsewhere. Two months later, this doctor stepped down, claiming fatigue, and exhaustion :(

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
My belief is that pediatricians don't have enough education in this particular area. Ours didn't at least. grrrr
When I pointed out my son's issues, he actually said to me, "Oh no I don't think he has Autism, those children are bizarre. I see your son has purposeful movements. I don't think so". I wouldn't leave until I got a child psych eval. referral. We then switched insurances and drs.
My point is, anyone please if you have any feeling that there may be something wrong, trust your own instincts. Do not rely on well meaning family and friends or even your pediatrician if you feel in your gut something could be going on.
I believe so strongly in early intervention.
Ok, enough outta me. LOL

Sara

1 - 3 of 3 Posts