Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so expensive? I have been invited to a wedding on Jan 1st 2011. They were my sons roommates. I have to book a hotel room for 2 nights, buy a fancy dress ( fancy wedding) these people all come from money. My choice to buy the dress. Went to Ross's spent under 20.00 for a fancy dress. This is a very expensive area. Santa Barbara. I could drive the day of the Wedding but its a long drive. I do get a discount on the room because the bride and groom set it up. Its just so hard to spend money for a Hotel. When I went on my trip I went motels all the way. Oh well I want to go... so I'll bite the bullet and spend the money.
Fern

·
19,119 Posts
For me, the importance is that you want to go and are figuring out what you can do frugally (the dress) and make it all possible. For safety sake, I am glad that you are going to spend two nights - think you'll have more fun too if you are not so exhausted from the drive.

I agree on the cost of hotels - shudder - but that's where it is all happening. Looking forward to hearing what a wonderful time you had!!

Reactions: LuLuBleen

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I hope you have a wonderful time at the wedding. I am sure the bride and groom will thrilled that you came.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Santa Barbara is a gorgeous area. I hope you have a fabulous trip despite the cost of the hotel.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Enjoy the wedding. I will be attending my cousin's wedding in May in Thousand Oaks. I am not looking forward to paying for a hotel either, but I will try to be frugal about it. I will also be finding an inexpensive dress.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.