Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about this all weekend and wondering why. I remember all the other times I wanted to lose weight - it was for my dh, it was for my kids, it was for my dad (when he was living). He always gave subtle hints about my weight and I can remember when I was a teenager, him always making me weigh myself with him looking at the scales. I hated it (and him at the time) for making me do that.

This time though, the only person I'm doing this for is ME!!!!! I need to get my b/p subscription refilled in 6 months and I want to walk in and have my physician tell me I don't need them anymore. I'm excersising because I'm getting a high from it, not because someone is telling me I need to do it. It makes ME feel good. I've decided to go vegetarian because its what I've always wanted to do, but others have always told me, don't do that, its not good for you. I'm doing it for ME.

I'm working at making a Lifestyle change because I want to feel healthy and look good for ME, not for anyone else.

Will others benefit from it, probably. My kids will because I'll be healthier, dh will because I'll look good, but even if there wasn't any benefits for anyone else, those benefits are for ME ALONE!!!

Have you thought about why you want to lose weight? Are you doing it for YOU alone or for everyone else.

Any thoughts?

·
27,948 Posts
You go CJ! Wow I loved that post, full of positive energy.
For months now I can't seem to stay comitted to anything.:(
I've got to get it together...for me.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
hmmm, you are making me think cj.;) i think i'm doing it to give myself peace of mind.:( after giving birth to 3 kids, i feel i don't look too attractive. i was already pretty shy about my appearance (under my clothes) to dh. now it is even worse. so, i think i am doing it for him, but more for me.....so I will feel more comfortable.;)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Yes, CJ, your post is motivating!!!!! We can feel the energy!
You will make it! You are determined! :)

As for myself;

I'm doing it for me, because I am not able to enjoy life as much. I want to have energy and vitality!

I want to be able to do more activities with my boys...and not be so out of breath.

I want to be able to find clothes easily and not be able to shop in one store, only.

I don't want to become diabetic, like my dad, granddad, etc...

Mostly, I want to feel better.:heartsm:

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Basically its because I feel ugly. I really want my chest to be bigger than my belly again.....:toothy:
Plus there are a lot of health benefits I am looking forward to!:D

·
Registered
158 Posts
My #1 reason was better health, although I definitely just wanted to look better too! My cholesterol is way down, and I really have a lot more energy.

I also really didn't want my girls to see me struggle with my weight, yo-yo diet, try out fads, etc. I wanted them to see a mom striving to make healthy choices, in the hope that they will learn from my choices too.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I feel down right sluggish. No energy like I used to have. That's why I want to lose weight.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I was starting to get some lower back problems, and knee problems again, and I'm already feeling much better with both. I want to learn good, healthy eating habits for a lifetime, and the pounds will take care of themselves. But, I also wanted to look better in my clothes, for me, and to be more attractive for my DH too.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Wow! I actually don't want to lose weight, I'm not part of the LFL programme, so I don't know 'why' I looked at the thread. But I wanted to say what a GREAT thread it is!!!!

And the best of luck to all the ladies taking part.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I want to because in June I have to get on stage for a dance recital and want to feel okay in the costume I have to wear...

My husband always tells me I look great so he isn't the reason and really you need to want to do it for yourself if it is going to work.. not for anyone else..

Eileen

·
Registered
487 Posts
I want to lose weight because my Doctor told me I need to for health reasons & to make me feel better about myself. So far I have lost 15 lbs. My boss told me my jeans are starting to get loose.:)

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Cody, so nice to see you!!:smball:

I want to lose weight :

~to FEEL better, no more being tired after doing something that I shouldn't be tired doing!! (understand!!)
~to LOOK better, oh how I long for those size 10 jeans again!! (even if I don't get to size 10, that's fine, really, it's feeling good in my clothes again)
~because I am terrifed of getting some type of illness that is related to my weight, I think that is the #1 reason
~so DH can be so very proud of me, I know he already is and he loves me dearly but I would love to do this for him too
~to do more things with my children without getting tuckered out

1 - 12 of 12 Posts