Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where would you move if you could?

Gabe and I live in MI because we relocated for his job. If I could move back to NY, I would. I would also consider living in any North Eastern State and possibly the Virginias or Carolinas.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
We live in TX because we wanted the boys to be clsoe to dhs folks. Plus the job market in CA tanked!
If I could, I would live farther north, perhaps still in TX, but most likely in MO, IL or Arkansas. I love the country there, but I here the hill country here is simiolar, just not as cold in winter!

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
We live in south western Manitoba and I love it here. If I could move, it would probably be northern British Columbia on a huge ranch, near the mountains.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
We live in NJ because we were both born here and our families are two minutes away from us, literally. However, I went to college in Ohio and have been wanting to move there. With dh becoming more dissatisfied with his job, he has been beginning to talk about making that move. We'll see. I'm hopeful.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
I like my little Iowa niche. I grew up not too far from here. Dh was born and raised in this one horse town. We have little crime, good schools and friendly neighbors. I've lived in TX, MN and CA. I'm just gonna stay here!

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
We live in the panhandle of Texas and are here because it's where we married and dh started his career. Now that we are older we would love to live on a lake somewhere, but the J-O-B demands that we be here. We make the best of it and try to get away every chance we get. I'd love to live in the mountains somewhere near a lake.......sigh.

·
27,948 Posts
We live here because this is where we grew up and our families are. When Dh retires we want to move to a state that has lower taxes and buy a house with many acres.

·
Registered
260 Posts
We're in Southern Illinois to be closer to DD#1 and our grandson. We moved from Indiana because we both hate it there.
If I could live anywhere I wanted, it would be around Tennesee,or around some mountains,on a farm of some sort:D

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
I live in Eastern PA, and I was born and raised here. DH is from Baltimore, and moved here because at the time, I had a great job and he didn't. I couldn't imagine living anywhere else, but I am getting really tired of the cold weather.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I live in central Illinois, I was born and raised in Ca, but moved here to buy an afordable home and escape the crime and confussion of city living....... I love it here in my little town of 725 people........:D

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
We are in MN it is were we were born and raised and we like it. We are moving next summer/fall, we are building a bigger house on 5 acres for only slightly more thatn our current house costs cuz we are moving to WI. just 45-60 min away from were we are now so we will be keeping the same jobs.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
We live in Central Texas and we like living here. We live in a very small farming/ranching community. It is very quiet and peaceful where we live. We only live on 5 acres, but that seems to be enough for us. My dad and that side of the family live here in this town as well. DH was born in LA., but they made their way to Texas and eventually to this little, bitty town. DH's mom, step-dad and sister and her 2 children live next door. So, we choose to stay because of family.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Dh and I are both originally from Long Island. We both agree we would never move back. When we first left NY, we moved to Delaware and loved it. We only moved To GA because our company needed us to. Four and a half years later, we still hate it here and are counting the days until we can move back to DE. People kept telling us that moving down here would be cheaper. Oh, boy were they wrong!! We're hoping to move back to DE in the next year or two - before dd starts high school. Then we'll only be a couple of hours from NY where dh's family is and real food where they don't deep fry every available food source in lard.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
Now this is my kind of post. We live in Jefferson City MO because of hubbies job, but if we can all make it on my business we will be relocating to North Carolina. We want to leave MO for a no. of reasons. We have done a lot of research and decided on North Carolina, but if I had my way we would homeschool and be full time rvers.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
We live in southwestern Ohio, about fifteen minutes away from the area where we both grew up. If you'd have asked me ten years ago, I never would have believed we'd stay this close to home, but we're happy here. We chose this particular town because it's half-way between our jobs-- we each drive about 30 minutes in opposite directions to get to work.

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
I live in Idaho...a beautiful state...
We can take off and drive and be into the mts. with in an hr or so...If I could live anywhere it would be in the mountains by a lake...somewhere!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
We live right on the Washington/Idaho border in a small farming community. My husband grew up about 24 miles from here and I met him when I came to the University of Idaho for college. I grew up in Hawaii. After DH and I married, we moved to Oregon for my teaching job. Six years later, we returned to this area to be near his folks so our children could be raised near one set of grandparents. Eventually we hope to move to Montana when we retire. My parents are building a home on the lake there and guess who gets it in the will???? ME!!!! Hehehehehe! Just to set the record straight, I wish my parents and very long and happy life!;)

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
We love the small town we live in in Oregon. However, if it weren't out of the country, I'd love to live in Victoria, B.C.

I am a native Oregonian and will probably always live here. I enjoy traveling and seeing new places though. I will go anywhere I can at the drop pf a hat! I need to get a passport though, so my hat can "drop" more!:D

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I am in Colorado, because I moved from home to be near my honey. But to tell the truth I hope to move back to Maine as soon as possible, I have been here for over five years, and I don't like it here at all. I just gotta talk dh into moving....

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I live in a small town of less than 500 people. I love it here, life is slow paced and people smile and speak when they meet you on the street. Our newspaper is a usually 8 to 10 pages long is published one time per week and serves the entire county. Our small town has a "correspondent" who writes the collumn about our little town. She literally writes who had Sunday lunch with who and what was served, who has a birthday or anniversery and who is sick this week. :D

I can not imagine living anywhere else. :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts