Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the life of me I cannot figure out how Matthew and I go through so many clothes.....by looking through our laundry baskets within a couple of days, you would think we were a family of 5.....:D It seems like by the time I finish that last load, there are two more loads waiting on me in the laundry basket......:eek:

I know that I should hang my clothes back up after wearing them, if I haven't gone anywhere but here at the house, and I did this for a few days, but cannot manage to KEEP doing it. Matthew, there is no way, he works on a farm so in the laundry it goes immediately. Also, no matter how many laundry baskets I put out, clothes always seem to be laying over a chair in our bedroom, on the bathroom floor, socks in the living room floor, etc etc.........HELP ME!!!!!:bang: :bang: :bang:

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Yes us too, on both accounts!! Laundry and dishes!! DH has work clothes that are only worn once because they get very dirty...he mainly wears these 6 to 7 days a week depending if he is car wrenching on the weekend. He hardly wears regular clothes. My pants I wear twice each unless they get something spilled on them. My sweaters only get washed seasonally. We average about 8 loads a week!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
My MIL always told me...Dishes & Laundry have" Babies" when you are not looking!!!!!!!!!!!!!:toothy:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:D And she was soooooo right...........

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
It really helps us when we re-use a towel for a few days in a row. I mean it's clean water that we wipe off of us so there's no point in washing it after every use. That one thing made a huge difference in our laundry.....

·
Registered
434 Posts
With a family of 5 it gets really bad here! I do two loads, and I have a moutain behind me!

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Its generally 1-2 loads a day here for the four of us. I'm really trying to stress to the kids " if the jeans aren't dirty wear them twice!"

·
Registered
469 Posts
Same old story here also laundry however it is getting better, daughter Elizabeth if she brings laundry home from college she does it herself and been teaching Josh 14 to help out and do some of his own laundry.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
OMG! I was going to post this exact thing the other day! Roxy, it is one of the mysteries of life. There is no answer. Two things in life you can always be sure of...taxes and laundry.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I know the feeling....it is a neverending chore!!!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I see to find articles we didn't remember we had! By the time i get to the bottom of the pile the articles have been practically forgotten about! (yep i have a load in each machine as I type) and in April, it is only gonna get worse! Sigh.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I know what you all mean!!
We're a family of 6!!

I'm pretty good about not putting clothes in the hamper that I haven't had on too long and of course, haven't gotten anything on either.

Both dh & I use the same towel for 2 days. I mean you are just wiping off a clean body. But, after the 2nd day, I just can't use it again! lol He will though.
The children however, must have a clean towel each time no matter how many times we tell them to use it 2x!

·
Registered
437 Posts
I don't mind :laundry: so much except I have a washer/dryer that's all in one & it takes soooo long to dry clothes in it. However
:dishes: I hate doing & am going to look into a mini dishwasher in the next few months.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wish I would have known that you needed a dishwasher, I just gave mine away......It was a roll around. Matthew got it for me on my 25th b-day, I'm 26, but I decided I would rather do dishes by hand.........

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I solved my laundry woos by teaching my twelve year old how to wash and dry her own clothes. Now, instead of throwing her clothes into the bottom of the closet or clothes hamper to keep from hanging them up, she neatly hangs, folds and puts her clothes away herself. She knows that I will not wash her clothes now, so if she wants clean, nice clothes, she takes care of them herself. She has her own bathroom, so she is responsible for her own towels, wash clothes and hand towels.

I also started giving away all clothes, shoes and toys of hers that I found on the floor or under the bed (her favorite hiding place), or thrown onto her closet floor. After loosing several of her favorite pairs of jeans, shoes, purses, and games, she got the hint. Now, every morning after breakfast and before starting her schoolwork, she makes her bed and straightens her room and bathroom. She has her two loads (whites and darks) and I take care of mine and hubby's which is usually no more than two loads a week.

Responsibility..............It's a good thing!!! ;)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
There are only three of us and I bet I've washed every towel we have since Sunday! It took me an hour to fold and put all the laundry away yesterday!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
We are a family of 3, and I don't see an end to the laundry and dishes. I get so discouraged and aggravated with it all. Speaking of laundry-I have the last load (for today) in the dryer. :bang:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts