Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does such )(&(&)(**&^ fall on me??

on top of everything, i got a letter in the mail that says we owe the IRS for taxes in 2002 and we have 10 days to pay of face garnishments. How the $%## am i going to come up with 200.00 in ten days?? Or less if you count mailing time??

:weeping:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
1st of all take a deep breath.
We got a letter like that last summer but my dh make a mistake on the taxes and we owed $12,000 in taxes (yup we do).....
Call them they will make a payment plan and won't garnish anything as long as you call them and make a plan.

So 1st just take a deep breath and then call them and make a plan.
Eileen

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I'm sorry Missy, I hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Hang in there Missy! I would do as Eileen suggested. Call them and ask them about making payment arrangments.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Oh Missy that sucks, hope that everything works out.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I actually found the IRS amazingly easy to work with when I have had to pay taxes. They will work with you and come up with a payment plan to pay them money. Just give them a call and they will help set something up with you, and since it is such a small amount I bet they will set a workable payment for you. Hang in there honey, we are all here for you. Just think of us as little Village buddies sitting on your shoulders when you call them, we will be there to support you :hugz: .

·
Registered
161 Posts
well, i dont know if this will help but, sometimes when i need money and know i will have money later, just not now, i take a direct deposit advance out from my wels fargo ATM. Its 2.00 for every 20.00. Your bank might have something like this.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
I always heard the IRS just randomly picked people, pain the a** i think it is.
sorry missy about the amount. I know how u feel though.
When i was 18 i went Ontario was finishing my grade 12 and trying to work part time. I got help from social assistance, i lived with afamily, they stole my check at christmas. I left, and 12 years later Ontario is issuing me a IOU $250 fro overpayment. I said what!!!!!!
They can do it, they will. I had to make $25 payments till it was paid off.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I would call the IRS for some type of payment plan, my DH owed back taxes at one point and they were very easy to work with, let us know how things turn out and keep your head up.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
From my understanding the IRS is extremely easy to work with, as long as you keep in contact with them.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
:hugz: Missy.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
That happened to me once, Missy. I called them and told them it was a hardship and they let me make $25.00 payments.

Good luck and hope everything works out.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Just call them and set up a payment plan, one thing I have learned from being in debt, is that the IRS is the most pleasant out of all bill collectors to work with.

·
Registered
7,742 Posts
I agree with everyone else. It totally stinks, but you should be able to work it out. Do let us all know what happens.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just got off the phone, not bad at all, whew. they just want 25 a month and that's doable for 7 mos. then the remainder the 8th month. can do :relieved: i was probably audibly shaking on th ephone but it wasn't as scary as i thought it would be. So yay!!

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
so glad they were willing to let you pay a small managible payment.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I am glad that you were able to work it out and make payments, instead of one lump sum.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts