Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do men (and I'm sure women) have to lie??? I'm so flippin mad right now I could spit!

DBF called to say he couldn't make it to my house cause he's worried about the dog. I live 2 blocks away.
I call back and say "I'll go to your house, when are you going to be home?" "15 minutes" - 45 flippin minutes later, "oh, I stopped by at so and so's house for a drink" WTF??????

Can't come to my house, but you can stop for drink???

When he finally gets home he says "you should probably go home cause I don't want to fight with you"

I'm pissed!

nuff said.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Ut Oh! I would suggest you speak to him "calmly" about this.... maybe he is feeling a bit pressured into seeing you all the time and is missing time with his friends. JMHO.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm not sure why guys act the way that they do. Does he do this all the time or is this the first time? Most importantly when you do talk to him about this~stay calm! Hope everything works out for you!

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Hmmm...well is this a pattern for him or is the first time he has ever done anything like this. He stated he was worried about the dog. Is he referring to his dog, meaning is his dog ill or was he referring to your dog in that he does not feel comfortable being around your dog. I agree with another poster in maybe he is feeling he needs to spend more time with friends.
My question to you is why would you want to spend time with someone who upsets you this much? Life is much to short to put up with drama.

Reactions: onencgirl

·
27,948 Posts
Maybe...
~He lied because he knew you'd probably give him a hard time about wanting to hang with the guys & not you.
~He's feeling suffocated spending so much time with you
~Not ready for a committed relationship
~just wanted to do his own thing...
Who knows. I do know guys, especially, hate feeling mothered, smothered and nagged. Not saying your doing that just putting it out there.

It may be time for you to step back a bit and find something fun to do with girlfriends or by yourself a few nights a week. That will give him some space & you a chance to figure out if it's time to move on.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I can tell you one thing thats not been mentioned here!
When alcohol is involved, 15 minutes is more like 45-60 minutes or more!! When your having an alcohol induced social session, always add at least an hour to the equasion!
I'm sorry he felt he had to lie to you, and I'm sorry you got your feeling hurt Stacey. But I do agree with the fact of not talking to him about it till he's sober and your both calmed down! Then maybe taking some time away from him will be good for ya both!
:hug2:

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, he had just spent 3 hours bowling and drinking with said friend, so I don't think it was that. All he had to do was say he was going over there. But he chose to make up this story about the dog.
NVMommy - you're right. I need to talk to him when he's sober. People get real "juvanile" (sp?) when alcohol is involved.
Ugh!

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I need to talk to him when he's sober. People get real "juvanile" (sp?) when alcohol is involved.
Ugh!
Is his drinking a problem?? :confused: If so you might want to rethink your relationship with him.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Just here wishing you good luck on your relationship problems. :hug2:

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is his drinking a problem?? :confused: If so you might want to rethink your relationship with him.
No - he drinks Pespi way more than alcohol.
I know he's probably just acting out cause he's worried about being laid off, but it's just frustrating. He spends money when he really shouldn't. He should have bought a pepsi while bowling, not beer, but he tends to want to spend more when it's not there.
I've let him spend the weekend alone. He told me he feels like he did nothing wrong, so if he doesn't think he lied, then he'll just do it again.
Anyway, I'm getting a lot of reading done!

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
No - he drinks Pespi way more than alcohol.
I know he's probably just acting out cause he's worried about being laid off, but it's just frustrating.
I've let him spend the weekend alone. He told me he feels like he did nothing wrong, so if he doesn't think he lied, then he'll just do it again.
Well, it is good to know that he drinks more Pepsi than alcohol but the fact that he turns to alcohol when stressed is a problem. Stressors come in everyone's life but everyone does not turn to alcohol to numb them.
I agree that if he feels that the did nothing wrong then he will repeat the same behavior.
I would be really rethinking my relationship with him. I guarantee you if you have problems with his behaviors now you will really have issues with his behaviors if you two begin living together or get married.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I have an idea what may have occurred. Every man reaches a point when he has to choose between his "boys" and his girlfriend/wife. He can still see them but his priority becomes his girlfriend. Sometimes it is scary when we realize our priorities change. When I first met my wife, I missed deer seasons opening day for the first time in fifteen years. I was scared because I had chosen her over hunting. To my mind, this was a big commitment. Also, sometimes in the company of other men, we do not like to appear doing everything we are told. His friends might have something to do with this if they are not in a committed relationship. We sometimes like to appear we are the boss, in reality we never are. As stupid as it sounds, his strong feelings for you may explain his actions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts