Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I don't really "make" candles, more like "recycle" old bits of candles. Anyway, I melted down some bits and consolidated them into little glass candle votives. I have some medium sized wick with the metal in the middle. I reused a wick holder from another candle to put it in.

The problem is, that whenever I burn it, it burns down to the wax, then burns out. What is the problem? Do I need to treat it with something?

TIA!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,689 Posts
Well I've made a few candles but don't normally have that problem. I'm not sure your wick is of good enough quality. Not sure there's anything you can treat it with. I would just chip the wax out around the wick and keep trying to burn it or melt it down and do it again. Sorry I'm not more help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I think it was the wax, because I made another one, and the wick worked fine. I got the wick at Michael's, and I've used it before. I don't know what it was that was wrong there, but it seems to have righted itself, so oh well!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,746 Posts
I've bought a couple like that. Never knew what caused it. I did the chipping thing, pretty effective, until it got close to the bottom, then melted and reused the wax in other candles.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top