Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's iced-coffee time again!

(Original thread title: Wide awake thanks to new iced coffee recipe!)

OK, so I tried a new iced coffee recipe tonight.... loved it.... drank three glasses of it :loop: (DH didn't like it, and of course I didn't want to waste it ).... and now it's 12:45am and I'm wide awake and wired :yikes: and the baby is actually asleep. LOL!!

If anyone else wants to be awake with me, try this:

ICED MOCHAS
1 to 1.5 cups coffee... pour into an ice cube tray and freeze
2 cups milk
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup chocolate syrup

Combine that all in a blender and enjoy! :thumb:
(I used skim milk and instant coffee, BTW, with delicious results.)

While I wish I had been smarter about when/how much to consume, it is really good- and much cheaper than the $3 per cup version I enjoy at Border's!

:yoyo:

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Woohoo!!! Sounds like a great pick-me-upper! I will have to try it before D day!!!

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
oh oh..this one is right up my alley. I'm still awake too. ugh
My entire house is asleep and here I am. LOL
I looove coffee. My coffeemaker died the other day and I went an entire day without coffee and it was not pretty. Thankfully, Gabe got a new one.
I will definitely be trying this. I am normally not a fan of cold coffee, but your recipe is more "mocha-y" (nice word) LOL
Plus, I have been really into blended smoothie type drinks lately. YUMMY.

thanks. :)

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Funny, I'm wide awake has well!! I don't like coffee of any kind though, so I won't be making it. In fact, dh doesn't drink coffee here either.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
That sounds good to me too !!!!!!!! Thanks I'll have to try this one .....

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Sounds so good to me....I love coffee drinks!! I'm going to have to try this!

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
I normally don't drink coffee,but I love those Jakada drinks...Maybe I just prefer the cold drinks eh?!
Anyways--I think I'll try this.Thanks

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
MMMMM....sounds yummy.:D :D

·
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:bump:

Just bumping this up as the warm weather always makes me crave iced coffee.... in fact, I've been to Tim Horton's drive-thru twice in the last week for their iced coffee (at $3 a piece!), so I figured it was time to pull out this recipe and start making my own again!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
That sounds good. Thanks for bumping it up Amy.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Thanks. It's time for me to start blending up some fun drinks. :)

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
:D oooooo just my kind of drink. A wee snort of caffeine. YES!!!!!

·
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:bump:

I'm sharing this recipe on my blog today and wanted to double-check it here, so I figured I may as well go ahead and bump it up, too. :)

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Thanks for bumping it. I am going to have some this afternoon (using rice milk since I can't drink regular milk) :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
How did it taste with the rice milk? I was thinking about trying it myself. It sounds so yummy. Of course I'd better stick to one glass for the baby's sake, lol. Wouldn't want the little one up all night, hehe.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I've never had this but it sound delicious. It'd have to be instant coffee with me since I don't own a coffee maker.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I add some half and half in mine or whipped cream at the top and it tastes delicious!!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts

(Original thread title: Wide awake thanks to new iced coffee recipe!)

OK, so I tried a new iced coffee recipe tonight.... loved it.... drank three glasses of it :loop: (DH didn't like it, and of course I didn't want to waste it ).... and now it's 12:45am and I'm wide awake and wired :yikes: and the baby is actually asleep. LOL!!

If anyone else wants to be awake with me, try this:

ICED MOCHAS
1 to 1.5 cups coffee... pour into an ice cube tray and freeze
2 cups milk
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup chocolate syrup

Combine that all in a blender and enjoy! :thumb:
(I used skim milk and instant coffee, BTW, with delicious results.)

While I wish I had been smarter about when/how much to consume, it is really good- and much cheaper than the $3 per cup version I enjoy at Border's!

:yoyo:
Just wondering....I will prob substitue splenda for the sugar and go w/o the chocolate *hangs head in shame* ok maybe a dash of the syrup :tay: but how many ice cubes do you need to use with the 2 cups of skim milk?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts