Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
~I've been trying to get an Speech Evaluation appointment for my son since July. Yesterday I spent an hour on the phone between my son's Dr.'s office and the hospital. The hospital claimed to have lost the paperwork the Dr sent over, then they claimed my insurance wouldn't cover it because of the way the Dr worded the referral. Someone is supposed to call me by noon today but I'm not holding my breath. I'm just so frustrated about this. It boils down to delaying evaluation and treatment for my son because of paperwork. PAPERWORK?! URG!!! ~

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I am sorry that you are getting a runaround about trying to get help for your son. I hope that everything works out soon for you. :hugz:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I hope this gets worked out soon. I don't like it when someone messes around with my babie's future. Good luck.

Robbin

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
My daughter went through the same thing with my grandson Clay. His doctor worded the paperwork wrong and the insurance denied coverage. Finally, after almost a month of phone calls and paper pushing, Clay was evaluated and a speech therapist came once a week to the house. Clay has made great procress using sign language to help him express himself, and he is learning to form words and put them together in sentence form. He willl turn 3 this coming April and will start taking speech classes at the local pre-school next year.

I know how frustrating this is for you, but hang tough. You and your son are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us informed.

·
27,948 Posts
I'm sorry you are getting the run around. Cheering you on as you get these people moving on helping your son. Keep at 'em Constance!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I know we have pm'd a time or two, but I also suggest that you start looking for a university or audiologist that can test for CAPD.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Sorry you are getting the run around. I have worked in the medical field for 30 years and it is true if things are worded right your claims can be denied. I am very careful with this aspect of my job. I have a daughter that has cerebal palsy. I learned the rules very quickly. And there were days that I was so frustrated I wanting to run screaming!! But in the end we got thru things and I did learn some patiences...and by the way, my daughter does very well as an adult...keep pluggin' away..nwmissourigal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts