Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well June is here and this is the month schools do lots of outside activities with the kids, from bike safety to field trips.

As a homeschooler, will you be doing lots of activities outside this month?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Due to seasonal allergies...

we've actually been inside more this past month, but dd's pollen season is just about done, so we are looking forward to getting out more.

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
The beach, the river, the park. I'm really trying to hold off on the zoo because the animals hate the heat and go hide in the shade so I kind of feel like we waste our money when we go in the summer. We are getting a new African section in the zoo in July though so we may have to sneak in a summer visit just to see that. Other than that we'll be participating in a lot of activities the library has scheduled.

·
Registered
47 Posts
We will probably be taking a lot of field trips, nature walks and learning about plants and trees.

If we get to stay here in this house, I'm hoping to see if one of the local farmers will let dd come and feed the horses or clean out stalls for horse back riding lessons.

Free Fishing Day (you don't have to have a fishing license) is coming up soon, so we're hoping to take the kids fishing.

Maybe go visit some of the State Parks around here that we can easily drive to and visit in a one day trip.

I know that we have the bi-annual family reunion in Virigina coming up soon that we will possibly go to.

Gee, looks like we are gonna be busy this summer.

·
Registered
260 Posts
We'd start going to the back deck to do school work and take more nature walks, if it would just stop raining long enough!

My DH has just started summer hours so every second Friday he has the afternoon off. We'll be using that time, and as many weekends and nice nights as possible, kayaking ... and call it PE. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts