Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a wind sculpture in their garden? I have always admired them since I was a child, but don't own one yet. It just hasn't been a priority, but I'd love to save for one. I came across this picture and just love it.

·
27,948 Posts
That's a pretty one. Some are downright gaudy though. I guess they make a lawn and garden ornaments for just about everyone.:) Still don't have bowling balls or coke bottle shrines in my garden yet.:toothy:

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have seen some pretty tacky wind things too. I like garden accents though. I know a lot of people find wind chimes annoying, but I love nice quality chimes in my garden area. Same with gazing balls. Some people detest them and some people love them. I love some of the latest garden stakes/sculptures. They have pretty crystals or glass and are sculpted into shapes or animals. I find them pretty and inexpensive.

Here's a couple of neat links for garden accents.
http://www.gidesigns.net/ (scroll down to see the items)
http://www.outdoordecor.com/

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
That's a pretty cool one, Sara- my dh can weld, he's got all the wrought iron benders and whatnot, so all I really need to do is show him a picture of what I want and he can make it for me out of scraps he has laying around the house. Samething with Shepard hooks, plant hangers you name it.

Laura

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's so cool. Gabe worked with forged iron years ago, but doesn't have any of the tools now. Those shepherd hooks are pricey. I bought the pole and hooks separately and a fun finial for my feeders and it was not cheap.
I remember making a plant hanger in Industrial Arts in 8th grade. LOL Now that was interesting. hehe

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I like chimes. I checked out the sites you gave and I saw what I really want---a hammack! I have been wanting one forever!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I love the wind sculpture that you posted. I also love the wind sculptures. They are so interesting and unique. I love wind chimes too. I have several sets on my front porch, they are small so the sound doesn't carry to the neighbors but I can hear it inside with the front door open and the windows open. I love it, it makes me think of spring and angels and fairies. I have picked up a few of the glass and metal garden stakes at WalMart for my flower garden, they were really inexpensive and look so pretty.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No purpose really. They are relaxing to watch spin. They spin differently depending on how heavy the wind is. Some have sounds like chimes and sound so beautiful.

Here are some more pretty ones:
http://www.soundscapesinternational.com/gallery.htm

**edited to add** I like rain chime boxes too. I love gentle sounds in the garden or on a porch.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Have you seen the movie Twister? When I hear about wind sculptures I think of that movie. :eek:

I love the soft tinkling of wind chimes it's very relaxing. My dd has a silver teapot wind chime in her room and she likes for us to pick her up so she can hit it and make it sound pretty. :)

I'd really love one of those large wind chimes I see in the nature stores in the mall but they are far too pricey for my cheap blood. LOL!

·
27,948 Posts
simplemom said:
I like chimes. I checked out the sites you gave and I saw what I really want---a hammack! I have been wanting one forever!
Lucie you can come & relax in my hammock anytime! :heartsm:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts