Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get GREAT meat deals at Winn-Dixie! They will have meat on special (you have to have a card), and then on the pull date, they will mark it down up to $3 a package. The other night, I got ten chicken legs for $1.38! There were two packages of 5 each, on sale for $1.01 a lb., so the price was $1.69, then there was $1 off on each package, so VOILA! A real deal! I stuck it in the freezer immediately, since it was the pull date. Have to do that with the chicken.

I got steak there one night too, same things. It was on sale for $2.99 a lb., then marked down $2 a package. It worked out to something like $1.29 a lb. for T-bones. I never buy steak unless it's on sale, so this was a great deal!

They will also have great BOGO's on meat sometimes. You have to be careful. Figure out the price per pound, when getting the packs, and try to get them as close to the same price as you can, and you can literally get great deals. I got a BOGO on 1/5 pork loin packs, with the $2 markdown, and it worked out to a little over $1.00 a lb. Can't beat that!

I'm so poor, in order to eat meat, I have to shop for deals like this.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I find that my winndixie may have a good price on the meat but for things like chicken its more fat and skin than meat. I only buy meat from them when it a very very good deal. Watch out for the b1g1 sometime they mark it so high that it would have been cheaper to get it full price somewhere else.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts