·
27,948 Posts
:fdance: go Dee go!!:fdance:

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay so I'm a lot more out of shape than even I thought! :(

I could only do 1/2 the tape. When she got to the part where they use the weights, I slowed down and then did some stretches. When I finished it was only 1/2 way through the tape.
:(

Kind of depressing, but I'll keep working at it.

I was able to get my heart rate up for a little bit. But I have to admit, within the first 5 seconds of the tape my calves were already really tight and I knew I wasn't going to last. Right now my legs feel like jelly and even though I took my arthritis med 1 hour before I started, my knees are popping and cracking with every step I take. :toothy:

If they feel better later this afternoon, I will try and do the first 1/2 again for a second 1/2 mile. :)

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Diana, first don't let it bother you that you can't do the whole thing on your first try. Please just go slowly. It takes time to get our bodies back in shape. It took me a long time before I could do 30 minutes on my bike. Ask anyone and they'll tell you the same thing.

Also, please be very careful as to the excersising you are doing with arthritis. There are some excersise programs you can not do!!! I would ask your dr. which ones are best to do before you do more damage. (Not trying to discourage you in not excersising, just a word of caution.)

Go slow - remember "SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE"

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Take it slow Diana. Don't push your body if you are in pain, you could seriously injure yourself. Maybe do half the tape for a week and then try to increase. Just a suggestion!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Oh, and good job on taking on the challenge and conquering half of the tape. You will be able to do it all before you know it!:D

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Michelle, that's what I figured I would do. I originally thought I would be able to do this tape twice through! :laugh: Guess not! :D

CJ, You're right and I did check with my doctor last week about doing this particular tape. She said it sounded like a good idea just to not over do. So I may not do a second round today! Tomorrow is another day. :)

·
27,948 Posts
Take it easy Dee.
We don't want you to turn into a snap~crackle~ pop~ Rice Krispy. :D
You do what feels good and build from there.
Step by step you'll get there~get it? (sorry):toothy:

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rice Krispy???? :laugh:

Yep that's me! :crackup:

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Yeah Deed!!!! Want to do some for me too???? :toothy:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Good luck on your new resolutions, Diana!:) But don't get discouraged...start slow and in no time, you will be more and more in shape! :heartsm:

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I agree with cj, stay safe with your workouts :)
I wish you had an indoor pool nearby you could use because I keep reading that swimming exercises in a warm pool is really good for those with arthritis.

And like they said, don't feel bad for not being able to do the whole tape :) When I started working out again all I could just was just walk short distances, and stretch and that was about it.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Dee, don't get discouraged! CJ is right, it takes a while for our bodies to adjust and get back into shape. You were right to stop when you did.

Did you start out with the 1 mile tape?

As Leslie says, though, there is no wrong way to do the program. Just keep walking throughout the whole tape if you need to. You'll be feeling better and doing great in no time, just take it easy. YOu don't want to injure yoursef.

Good for you for taking the first steps to helathier living :)

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Good for you Diana! I am starting a new routine on thursday. I figure why wait? I have 6 months to get in really good shape!

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you ladies for the encouragment. :)

Michelle ~ Yes I have the 1 mile tape. I did it again yesterday morning and made it to the 1/2 mile point before I slowed down and did some stretches. I plan on doing it again today as soon as my med kicks in.

I found out why my calves hurt so bad, I was "walking" on my toes!! Don't do that!! :eek: If anyone else tries these tapes you have to walk on your whole foot not to have really tight calves. :)

·
27,948 Posts
Just keep repeating to yourself ~
Tippy Tippy Toe is a No No!
It has a nice ring to it. :D

Your doing great Dee, keep it up!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts