Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if this goes here but.... Twin kiddos (11) had a friend sleepover. In the morning, I awoke to that lovely aroma of "somebody had a bit too much to drink before bed". Of course , I pretended not to noticed as I would never embarrass him I waited until he left and w/o my kids noticing removed the linens. I wish his mom had mentioned he may have a issue . 2 days before Xmas I bought new memory foam mattresses for the boys. Ugh. Soaking wet foam= not so nice. Oh well.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Don't know if this goes here but.... Twin kiddos (11) had a friend sleepover. In the morning, I awoke to that lovely aroma of "somebody had a bit too much to drink before bed". Of course , I pretended not to noticed as I would never embarrass him I waited until he left and w/o my kids noticing removed the linens. I wish his mom had mentioned he may have a issue . 2 days before Xmas I bought new memory foam mattresses for the boys. Ugh. Soaking wet foam= not so nice. Oh well.
You handled it appropriately, I'm sure that chlid was very embarassed. Poor guy. Too bad about your mattress. It's possible it was a fluke thing I suppose.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I agree I think you handled it well as much as it sucks about the mattress. There really are no standard rules of etiquette as far as I know about what to do when that happens. Poor kid must have been so embarrassed.

My 7 year old has never been a bed wetter. As soon as she was potty trained she was good to go. A couple weeks ago she wakes me up to tell me she had an accident. Really strange. I don't know but maybe it was a fluke and the kid normally is fine...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ugh. How are you going to get the smell out of the memory foam? I feel for the kid, but that just sucks about the foam!:bang:

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
You handled it appropriately, I'm sure that chlid was very embarassed. Poor guy. Too bad about your mattress. It's possible it was a fluke thing I suppose.
I agree I think you handled it well as much as it sucks about the mattress. There really are no standard rules of etiquette as far as I know about what to do when that happens. Poor kid must have been so embarrassed.
:yeah: :agree:

When we bought K's new mattress, which is like that Tempurpedic stuff (but an "off brand") they required that we buy a mattress cover in case something like that happened. It was part of the warranty, I think. They wouldn't cover spills, accidents, etc unless we purchased that.

Is there any chance it's under warranty?

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
That stinks! My 4 year old has that problem, and I always make sure when he stays overnight that I send a pull up with them and tell whoever is watching them. Granted, he is too young for sleepovers yet, but he stays with grandparents or with friends when we are there too.

I know at 4 my son gets really embarassed about it, so I think you handled it really well. And everyone is right, it may have been a fluke thing since he was out of his element and not at home. Maybe scared to get up to potty in a strange place or something.

I hope you can get the smell and stain out. I have a steam cleaner for these types of accidents around here. If you really want to get it out maybe you can borrow or rent one! I think that would be the best thing for getting it out of the foam.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
That happened to a friend of my brothers when we were young. I think my parents did something similar. Just cleaned everything up and quietly went on their way.

Both of my kids don't seem to have issues with bed wetting. We say they have bladders of steel. We have almost the opposite problem. They will hold it until the last possible moment. If you ask them to go to the bathroom before you leave the house, you get the old "But I don't have to go" even though they haven't used the bathroom in hours.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everybody. I felt so bad for him too. I had to purchased another mattress, I will get a cover for it this time.

Moon Mommy- I love your avatar. It reminds me of the street I grew up on.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My DD had this happen to her this past month. She is 2.5 and fully potty-trained at home, but went to see my ILs for the night when we had our newest. I packed a pull-up knowing that ILS might not limit her fluids and/or my daughter would get confused and forget where the bathroom is as it's not home... anyways, she had nightmares for the next two nights as ILs did not put her in the pull-up and she wet herself. She hates being dirty and woke up the next two nights screaming, "I had an accident" when she really hadn't and was at home. I felt horrid for my ILs having to clean up her mess and horrid for my little girl... and wishing they listened to me. Life.

I think you handled the situation well. I would have tried soaking the mattress in vinegar before throwing it away. Vinegar gets rid of lots of nasty smells and is a great disinfectant.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Moon Mommy- I love your avatar. It reminds me of the street I grew up on.
Thanks. I took that pic on October 29th of this year when we had a big snow storm. I was on my way home from dropping Dd at nursery school. It was so pretty. I just love when the snow sticks to every branch like that.

·
Registered
900 Posts
You handled it so well. How very nice of you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts