Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wonderful memories of your mom.

~my mom was a SAHM and always made our home special.
~I can always share things with her as she is a wonderful listener.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
My Mom is my hero......I can only hope and aspire to be 1/2 the Mom she was and is to my 4 sisters and I with my own 2 dks!!:D

She worked full-time but opposite shifts of Dad so that one of them was home with us at all times.

She never ever complained (I have never heard her complain about anything!) and always made sure that we had what we needed even if it meant she went without.

I was an extremely shy kid......very very shy and she would walk to the grade school and eat lunch with me every day (that was the time she would have to sleep before going to work at night but she spent that time with me!!)

I could go on and on forever but let me just say that I love her dearly and am so blessed that she is my Mom!!

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Blanche and CJ both your stories are wonderful.

I don't have memories of my mom but I do remember my grandmother cooking wonderful homemade dishes for us; banana pudding and chicken and dumplings were my favorite. Also I remember that every now and then a song would come on the radio and she'd hop up and dance a bit all the while swishing her apron. She wore an apron from the time she woke up until she went to bed at night. I thought it was weird when I found out that other moms didn't wear aprons. :smball:

·
27,948 Posts
My Mom was a wonderful gardener, the envy of the neighborhood.
I liked when she was in a good mood and made pancakes in the shapes of animals & mickey mouse.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Tons of wonderful memories! My mom is my BEST friend now.

- I remember leg wrestling with my mom as a child, and when I finally got strong enough to beat her (that was the LAST time she leg wrestled me ;) )

- My mom was with my when my dd was born (she was at the hospital when my others were born, but she got to be IN the room when dd was born). Mom was so amazed at the entire birth process, as she was of the era when they knocked the women out to have babies. Mom spent that night and the entire next day, just holding my dd and staring at her. What a wonderful sight. I wish I had a picture of it.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I have better memories of my mom now than I did growing up. I have more memories of my grandmother while growing up.

What I know now about my mom:
~My mom is a great listener.
~She is a wonderful cook.
~Always wanting to take care of everyone and everyone's problems

1 - 6 of 6 Posts